CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Catalog: Change subscription instance name with web services

Posted Feb 21, 2017 02:49 AM
      |   view attached

Hi, 

I have a question about changing the name of a subscription instance in the Service Catalog. 

This is possible doing from the GUI, and I'd like to know if this is possible with web services.

Thanks, 

Karolin 

• 2.  Re: Service Catalog: Change subscription instance name with web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 07:54 AM

Good Afternoon Karolin.

From within (Tested in SOAPUI) http://WINx64:8083/usm/services/BillingAccountService?wsdl
    Subscriptions can be retrieved through:
    <ser:getSubscribedOfferings soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <sessionID xsi:type="xsd:string">4eb0ff61-05e2-423d-a5a0-5971b9c04a5b</sessionID>
    <accountID xsi:type="xsd:string">10002</accountID>
    </ser:getSubscribedOfferings>

And some data can be edited/changed like e.g. through <ser:editBillingAccount.
    However changing the data as shown on yout screenshot, is not possible, as far as I can see/found.

Perhaps someone else has another(better?) ides or suggestion on this?

Thanks for your understanding and kind regards, Louis.

PS. How/Where do you change this information through the SC-UI? For me to possibly test further on this?

• 3.  Re: Service Catalog: Change subscription instance name with web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 08:12 AM

Good Afternoon Karolin.

I think I found it:
    In accounting/configuration/subscription configuraiton>allow instance names = Yes.
    And then you can have this data available as shown on your screenshot, right?

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 4.  Re: Service Catalog: Change subscription instance name with web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 08:38 AM

Good Afternoon Karolin.

This is me again, Louis. And fuurther checking on this one shows:
    The Query:
    SELECT id,account_no,offering_id,rate_plan_id,item_id,instance_name
    FROM usm_subscription_detail where instance_name <> ' '

And then the Method:
    <ser:getSubscribedOfferings, does not retrieve that column (instance_name) and its value.

You might consider to open an Idea for this?
    To change the method in such a way that it does retrieve that column's data.
    And to build/create a new method (e.g. editSubscribedOfferings) to edit that value there after.

Thanks again and kind regards, Louis.

• 5.  Re: Service Catalog: Change subscription instance name with web services

Posted Mar 10, 2017 09:49 AM

Hi Louis.

Thank you very much for the information. I'll consider posting an idea for this. 

/Karolin