I wanted to understand how are you people managing the License Key Allocation to users in SAM ?
As per my understanding, CA SAM doesn't provide any such feature to map user with the License Key and Let's say even if we split the Effective Licenses into single -single license record and assign requester against each still how would we do the same for Concurrent User License where 5 License Keys are allocated to let's say 20 users?
As a scenario, let's say we have got 20 License Keys for Abbyy Fine Reader. These are few questions:
- Where do we store these License Keys in SAM linked with License?
- How do we assign these License Keys to entitled user?
- How do we keep track of what keys are in use and what in store?
- How do we track User entitled for Concurrent License Usage?
- How do we track the User who are entitled to use some particular Softwares?
Kindly share some knowledge on how you are managing Software Allocation in CA SAM?