AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Webservice Plugins

Posted Feb 21, 2017 01:15 PM

We recently started using Webservice jobs in Autosys by installing the agent and webservice plugins and see that whenever one attribute for the tag needs to be updated, all the tags in the process/job needs an update. This is because all the attributes uses the same name "ws_parameter". How can I avoid updating all the tags when only one of them needs an update?

• 2.  Re: Webservice Plugins

Posted Feb 22, 2017 09:24 AM

I do not have an answer for you, but I agree- there are other parameteters that have the same name, that can be specified multiple times for a single job, such as 'remote_command'.

It would be better if these were numbered, for example:

ws_parameter_01

ws_parameter_02

...etc

• 3.  Re: Webservice Plugins
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:39 AM

I am not how did you defined "ws_parameter" but you may update particular tag by defining param_name  like below

ws_parameter: param_name="/tag1",param_value=""
    ws_parameter: param_name="/tag1/tag2", param_value="value"

Below notes you may loon upon:

Enclose the values that contain embedded blanks in double quotation marks. All embedded double quotation marks must be escaped with a backslash.
    ■ To specify an XML hierarchy of the document, use multiple entries of ws_parameter.
    ■ In each ws_parameter entry, separate the name/value pair with a comma. The entire value can be up to 2048 characters.
    ■ In the XML document, these parameters are represented in a flattened view. Consider the following example:
    <tag1>
    <tag2>value</tag2>
    <tag1>
    In this example, the full path to the value is </tag1/tag2>.
    ■ For tags that do not hold any value, the full path is required because the no-value tags could represent arrays of structures and appear in the multiple levels. Consider the following example:
    ■ For parameters that contain attributes, the attributes are added to the full path of the parameter separating them with the ‘@’ symbol. Consider the following example:
    <tag1>
    <tag2 key="thetag">value</tag2>
    </tag1>
    ■ For Web Service Document/Literal payload producing jobs, only the portion of the returned data that satisfies the job_criteria specification will be stored in the output file for use as payload.
    ws_parameter—Specify Web Service Parameters

In this example, the list of parameters would be as follows:
    ws_parameter: param_name="/tag1/tag2@key", param_value="thetag"

• 4.  Re: Webservice Plugins

Posted Feb 23, 2017 09:20 AM

Yes, I am already using it this way. The only problem is when there is a need to add one more tag under the attribute ws_parameter, then all the 8-9 tags under ws_parameter needs to be redefined, else the existing ones are lost.

If there is something like ws_parameter1, ws_parameter2 etc., it would have been helpful.

• 5.  Re: Webservice Plugins

Posted Apr 20, 2017 11:58 AM

The 'correct' answer misses the point.  You can't just update one ws_parameter and leave the remainder intact.  You have to redefine all of them including the one you need to change.

• 6.  Re: Webservice Plugins

Posted Apr 20, 2017 12:03 PM

*sigh* once again. good catch Antony