DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi,

Please guide me how to configure services in CA UIM using nt_services for cluster services.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Ayush, is there a problem you're running into with the ntservice probe? Is it not picking up services?

You'll need to make sure that you follow the probe's requirements and the Support Matrix that shows compatible systems.

You might also want to check out the cluster probe. It can monitor Microsoft, RedHat, HP-UX service guard, and Veritas clusters. I'm not sure what you're looking to monitor, but that might be another option. See the metrics available from the probe here.

Hope that helps!

• 3.  Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Posted Feb 28, 2017 07:32 AM

Hi Philip,

I have configured nt_services probe and I am able to get the services from probe.
    My query is regarding services running on cluster.
    When the node switched on cluster so the services are unavailable on the other node..so alerts are being generated which should not happen as because the services are running on node 1.
    So how to get rid of alerts while node switching on cluster.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 04:54 PM

Perhaps you could use an Auto Operator profile or a Pre-Processing Rule to filter out those alarms approximately?

See notes on that HERE.

• 5.  Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Posted May 03, 2017 01:13 PM

Whether by adding the section for nt-services with the monitored service in cluster probe will stop these alerts .Can someone suggest 

• 6.  Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Posted May 17, 2017 12:01 PM

I have same issue in my set-up. Any solutions that worked. Please help.

• 7.  RE: Re: Configuring nt_services probe on cluster services

Posted Aug 05, 2019 10:06 AM
    Hi @Ayush Srivastava​. How did you solve this issue? We are having the same situation.