DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Email filters in UIM

Posted Feb 22, 2017 09:27 AM

Hi All,

How to make different filters in UIM for sending alert mails . i have different groups in USM as per clients ,need to send alarm mails as the client requirement.(may be cdm for client A, net connect & cdm to client B) .Filters must be  done with probe ,OS and IP based .Kindly help.

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Email filters in UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:14 AM

Hi Issac, this can be done with the combination of emailgtw probe+nas AO profiles. Once you have configured the >emailgtw probe you will need to create an >AutoOperator (AO) profile with an action type "EMAIL" for each one of the alarm conditions for which you wish an email to be sent. Once configured, If the AO criteria are matched the emailgtw will sends the matching alarm to the defined email recipient/s. 

Very simplified Example:

ClientA wants an email for every critical cdm and net_connect alarms from server "serverA"

1. Configure the emailgtw and add the clientA email address.

2. Configure an AutoOperator (AO) profile with these settings: • "action type EMAIL" •   "action mode=on arrival" •  "recipient=ClientA" •  "probe = cpu|net_connect" •  "severity=critical" •   "robot=serverA" 

• 3.  Re: Email filters in UIM

Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi Marco ,

In case of doing with robot ip or name can i segregation with USM groups  .

• 4.  Re: Email filters in UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:32 AM

If your question is if you can use USM groups as matching criteria for sending alarm, I'm afraid this is not possible. There is no integration between USM and the AO matching criteria. The robots or robots list must be spelled in the criteria.

• 5.  Re: Email filters in UIM

Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:49 AM

Again a drawback  !!! There is any limitations of robots for adding in profiles.. If i can add N of robots means  can I upload a list of robots  to profile in single step.

• 6.  Re: Email filters in UIM

Posted Feb 22, 2017 07:12 PM

Instead of adding a bunch of robots to a AO profile , try looking for few common attributes on the robots and create a AO profile ..examples could be user tag or origin..this could be bit simpler than adding whole list of robots to a AO profile .

As an example in our case we configure tags on robots based on the kind of config profiles applied to robots and we use them for grouping in USM and the same tags can also be used in AO profiles for filtering 

Hope this helps