CA Service Management

• 1.  How to make notification variables?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 06:14 AM
      |   view attached

I'm creating a notification message template. Notification was requested to notify change group owner of any workflow tasks flipped to Approve or Completed. So the plan is to create a Message Template, and then a Multiple Notification Macro since this was only requested by a specific SDM group on a certain change category. So I will just manually add this Macro on each Approve and Completed Behaviors of that change category.

SDM may have a default notification for workflow tasks updated status but the requester want a different email body and subject format specific for their business needs.

The problem is I'm not sure what notification variable should I use. Below is the format of how the message should look like. Those phrases in parenthesis should be the variables.

NOTIFICATION MESSAGE TITLE:

Change Order: (Change order ticket number) (Change Order ticket summary) (Workflow task sequence number)

NOTIFICATION MESSAGE BODY:

This is to notify you and your group that a workflow task in Service Desk has changed status. Please click the       link provided in this email message to connect to Service Desk to check. If you have any questions regarding       this, please contact the [COMPANY] Service Desk.

Sequence Number: (Workflow task sequence number)

Task Description: (Workflow task description)

Old Status: (Workflow task status before it was flipped to approve/completed)

New Status: (Current workflow task status)

Click on the following URL to view Workflow Task:

(Web URL of the Change Order workflow task)

I have attached here a screen shot of what I have made.

• 2.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 08:09 AM

Hi Shirley,

What I would recommend is taking the message template that exists out of the box for WF Task Status Update notifications and copy that one as it has most of the variables you are looking for.    I dont believe there are variables that exist for some of the items you are looking to insert into the template.  Unfortunately WF Task notifications are not widely used, and are not mainstream in the product, thus there is very limited functionality and features available related to that.  

This document may help you out a bit: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec396790.html

That doc describes how to set up the notifications.  Again you would have to set it up just for the tasks on that specific category, and add a condition that checks for that specific group as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How to make notification variables?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2017 02:26 PM

Assuming the Object Type on the message template is Change Order Workflow Task:

(Change order ticket number) is @{chg.chg_ref_num}

(Change Order ticket summary) is @{chg.summary}

(Workflow task sequence number) is @{sequence}

(Workflow task description) is @{description}

(Current workflow task status) is @{status.sym}

I don't think that (Workflow task status before it was flipped to approve/completed) is available

(Web URL of the Change Order workflow task) is @{web_url}

• 4.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:55 AM

Thanks Lindsay! This is really helpful.

• 5.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:10 PM

Shirley..........

Did the information provided by Lindsay_Estabrooks answer your question and fulfill your requirement?

• 6.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:30 PM

Yes, Lindsay_Estabrooks answer is really helpful. In fact we have tested it

and is ready to be promoted on Production.

On Mar 1, 2017 2:11 AM, "Paul_Coccimiglio" <

• 7.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:47 AM

I want to include in a notification the vendor or functional organization of the affected user in a ticket. How is it done?

• 8.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 03:20 PM

Ticket like cr?

All the answer are in the WebScreenPainter, in the schema designer.

If you are in a notification related to a Request or an Incident for example, you start with @{call_req_id

After, you can "travel" in the object engine by using dotation mark.

Vendor : @{call_req_id.customer.vendor.sym}

Functionnal org : @{call_req_id.customer.organization.name

You can "travel" as far as there is relationships.

Cost center of the customer's supervisor functional organization : @{call_req_id.customer.supervisor_contact_uuid.organization.billing_code.name}

• 9.  Re: How to make notification variables?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 04:03 PM

Thanks Pier