Rally Software

• 1.  I need to pull data from Rally database on Planned Velocity. For example 89% = 50 / 56. How to get the denominator (here is 56)?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 01:07 PM

I need to pull data from Rally database on Planned Velocity. For example 89% = 50 / 56. Which Type has data for the denominator ( on the example, it is 56)? 

• 2.  Re: I need to pull data from Rally database on Planned Velocity. For example 89% = 50 / 56. How to get the denominator (here is 56)?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 01:25 PM

Planned Velocity is a characteristic of the Iteration object and can be queried via the Excel add-in or the WSAPI. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: I need to pull data from Rally database on Planned Velocity. For example 89% = 50 / 56. How to get the denominator (here is 56)?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 02:40 PM

Hi, EricNash:

Thanks for your quick response. The screenshot on my question was from Excel add-in and I was trying to create a query to get the data. But I could not locate which Type had this info.

• 4.  Re: I need to pull data from Rally database on Planned Velocity. For example 89% = 50 / 56. How to get the denominator (here is 56)?

Posted Mar 01, 2017 10:45 AM

Interesting.

Eric is right in that PlannedVelocity is the column you're looking for.

The two values that go into the equation are PlanEstimate and PlannedVelocity.

Both are available through WSAPI, but interestingly the Excel Plugin does not let you query for PlanEstimate, even if you add it manually to the wanted columns (usually this works).

I am guessing that PlanEstimate is not available in WSAPI 1.43, which is the API version the Excel Plugin queries on.

Note that the cooresponding WSAPI 2.0 call would look something like :

https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/iteration?query=(Project.Name%20=%20%22Jump%22)&fetch=PlannedVelocity,Pl… 

Whose first result matches the attachment below :

{

• _refObjectName: "Iteration 1",
    • PlanEstimate: 16,
    • PlannedVelocity: 13,
    • Project:
      {
      • _refObjectName: "Jump",
      • _type: "Project"
      },
    • _type: "Iteration"

},