DX NetOps

• 1.  PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Feb 23, 2017 02:07 PM

Good afternoon people,

I need to change the AliasName, Speed In and Speed Out of some interfaces on the PC.

Alias, Speed In and Speed Out

I've created a group and includes the interfaces I need to make the change, they're about 1700, and I'm looking for a way to make this change in bulk.

I took a look at the PC's Webservices and found this to change the Alias, but nothing for Speed In an Speed Out;

http://PC_IP:8181/pc/center/webservice/devices/deviceItemId/device_id/setInterfaceNameAlias

<interfaces>
       <interface>
         <itemId>interface_item_id</itemId>
         <nameAlias>alias_for_interface</nameAlias>
       </interface>
    </interfaces>

I use postman REST client for execute this , It worked, however the DeviceItemID and InterfaceItemID are required.

Does anyone know how to get a list with the DeviceItemID and InterfaceItemID of interfaces that are in a group?

And which call to use to change Speed In and Speed Out?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 03:56 PM

Hello Felipe,

I've found, as you have, the answers to the primary questions here are not as easy to come by as I would like.

I've reached out to my team in support to get answers for this so we should have something on this in the next day or so.

Until then, maybe someone from the public community has figured out answers to these questions and is willing to share their knowledge.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Feb 28, 2017 04:54 AM

Hi Felipe,

As far as I have seen the speed update is set in the Data Collector. You can filter out devices you need and update each port(Interface) as needed.

Documentation URL: http://{DA URL}:8581/rest/ports/documentation 

UPDATE Port

URI:       http://{DA URL}:8581/rest/ports/{PortID}

TYPE:   PUT

DATA:

<Port version="1.0.0">
       <SpeedOutOverride>10000000</SpeedOutOverride>
       <SpeedInOverride>10000000</SpeedInOverride>
    </Port>

Regards,

Amund

• 4.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:50 AM

How long will this take for 1700 Interfaces?

• 5.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:48 AM

I have created some tools to do it and it took about 10 min with 14 000 interfaces.

Here is the link to github where i publish my tools  Adjust the code as you please.

GitHub - Tools for CA Performance Manager 

• 6.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 08:23 AM

Thanks Amundo,

I'll look at the tool you created, it will help a lot for this job.

Tks.

• 7.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 12:53 PM

Hello Felipe,

Were you able to accomplish this task using the tool Amund created?

Thanks,

Michael

• 8.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Posted Mar 16, 2017 02:44 PM

Hello Michel

I did not use, as I do not know python I could not change the code for my need.

I used Postman to make some changes, but as you can see in the image below, an event is generated saying that the change was made, but it does not replace the original value.

The change only worked when we made it through the PC web page.

• 9.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi Felipe,

In the end I'm glad you were able to make this change.

Sorry it wasn't as easy as maybe it could or should have been.

I wonder, did you wait for a DA sync update cycle to pass in CAPC after using the DA REST call to update the speed?

If not that could be what happened, that it needed to sync the new value over to PC and hadn't yet.

Mike

• 10.  Re: PC Webservices to Change Interfaces Aliasname and Speed In and Speed Out ?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2017 08:41 AM

Hi Michael,

I have tested on other interfaces and it worked, some takes 5 minutes, others take 30 minutes or more.

I did not know that there was time for syncing, thanks for the explanation.

Tks.