CA Service Management

• 1.  CASD Migration Using Server Cloning

Posted Feb 24, 2017 02:14 AM

Hi,

We are Migrating CASD 12.7 application and DB MS SQL 2008 R2 to a new Data center using Server Cloning Method.

In this Cloning Server's Host name Remains the same and IP Address gets Changed.

Is there any Command like pdm_configure needs to be run post the Migration to bring CASD Active?

Are there any other prerequisites Needs to be checked from our Application Level?

Please Assist...

Regards,

Gaspar.

• 2.  Re: CASD Migration Using Server Cloning

Posted Feb 24, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi Gaspar,

If the hostname is not changing, but only the IP is changing, as long as you have everything configured by hostname and not by IP, then it should not be a problem at all.  What I would recommend is running pdm_configure anyway on the cloned machine just to ensure everything is in sync there.  I would also recommend doing some basic use-case testing just to ensure that functionality appears to be working properly.  Outside of that I cant think of anything else to check.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CASD Migration Using Server Cloning

Posted Mar 08, 2017 07:06 AM

Hi Jon,

Our CASD version is 12.7 on a VM Server, and having a remote DB of MS SQL 2008 R2.

We have performed this migration activity today. CASD application server was cloned where host name remained same and IP Address got changed.

But when we run pdm_configure in the new server.we are getting Task Failed (Start CA Service Desk Manager service(s) in db admin mode.). Continue?

We tried connecting to DB through SQL Management studio from CASD Application server and that was successful. and the Userid used for connecting to DB was having sysadmin rights.

We tried pdm_d_mgr -u then again run pdm_configure but issue remained the same.

Below is the configure.log file snapshots:

stdlogs are as below:

Please Assist

Regards,

Gaspar.

• 4.  Re: CASD Migration Using Server Cloning

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:11 PM

Gsapar........

Did the information provided by Jon_Israel answer your question?