IDMS

• 1.  VARBLIST with applying maintenance

Posted Feb 23, 2017 03:55 PM

Hello, I am very new to IDMS, trying to apply maintenance on a V18.5 system. My understanding is supplying values for variables within VARBLIST and running CAISAG will generate all required jobs to do the maintenance apply. Can any body suggest me a wayfind out values for all those variables in the current system. So I can use them in the VARBLIST.

Thank You

• 2.  Re: VARBLIST with applying maintenance

Posted Feb 23, 2017 04:11 PM
      |   view attached

Well …………. I will ask the obvious ….

Do you still have the install jobs (either source or output) form the install of your current release??

If not … then

Train and error – run the caisag job with what you THINK are the appropriate values, and see if the jobs it creates would create the results you want

If you are doing an upgrade – then at least half of the varblist stuff is not needed and ignored …..

Chris Hoelscher

Technology Architect, Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

: humana.com

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Humana.com

(502) 714-8615, (502) 476-2538

• 3.  Re: VARBLIST with applying maintenance
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2017 10:39 PM

If by maintenance you mean you want to apply PTFs then look at the following member in the IDMS  SAMPJCL library:

AGJ7CARS - Download a CARS
    AGJ1HOLD - Download HOLDATA
    AGJ7RECH - RECEIVE HOLDDATA
    AGJ7RECP - RECEIVE PTFs
    AGJ8APYP - APPLY PTFs
    AGJ9ACCP - ACCEPT PTFs

The whole process is described here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms/19/en/installing/installation-and-maintenance-for-z-os/installing-your-product-from-tape/install-maintenance-on-your-smp-e-system 

• 4.  Re: VARBLIST with applying maintenance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2017 10:52 PM

Sorry, if this is 18.5, then it does not have AGJ7CARS. The rest still applies.