Clarity

• 1.  Only the project owner can open the project

Posted Feb 24, 2017 12:34 AM

Hi! Our team is new to CA PPM.  After a brief training, brainstorming on the system we are now on the configuration.  There's a lot to ask but will have it concise as possible:

1.  How will i disable all the projects that are being listed in Home>Portfolio Management>Projects who is not the owner of the project? Disable in a sense that other PM's will not be able to open the project but can only be seen in the List.  I am assuming that a collaboration manager can open the project as long as the project owner tag someone as the collaborator.

2.  How can i tag or include a collaboration manager from collaboration folder under Project?

Caveat:  Learning Level - 1

DB - MSSQL 2012

Version:  CA PPM v14.4

TIA.

• 2.  Re: Only the project owner can open the project

Posted Feb 24, 2017 01:38 AM

IMHO the view right (Global for all and instance for a specific project) works so that if you have it you see the project in the list and can open it for viewing. If you do not have it you cannot see the project in the list either.

The users that are included in collaboration are participants (or collaboration managers).

If you do not have the project management system option set to include team members automatically as participants then you add new participants from  the project team tab. (Open the team tab and the click again to open the drop down menu to see participants).

Maybe you should also consult the rights overview in the documentation

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-4/en/administration/configure-authentication-and-security/configure-user-accounts-and-ac… 

I think there is a rights overview as well but the search did not bring that up.

• 3.  Re: Only the project owner can open the project

Posted Feb 24, 2017 01:42 AM

• 4.  Re: Only the project owner can open the project

Posted Feb 26, 2017 08:30 PM

Thanks urmas.  Will have it checked further.