CA Client Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

• 1.  I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:59 AM

I need to implement software metering. having issues with the usage count i am getting.

I have enabled the usage in discovered software, and created the collect task as well. After a day the status of collect task is success but its showing the counts as 0.

• 2.  Re: I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:27 AM

HI Sonvir

Regarding software usuage monitoring with ITCM can you advise if you followed the steps in these documents that detail how to setup the collect task as well as the configuration for the software you are trying to monitor. 

How can I tell if I have Software Usage / Metering running in my environment ?

Metering to see if an Application has been launched

1. Please advise which version of ITCM you are running using the dsmver command on the Domain Manager.

2. Are you seeing any errors in the collect task you may have configured ? logs reside in the DSM\logs directory.

3.what software are you trying to monitor ?

NOTE: It is a best practice to not enable more than a couple of software titles as software metering can cause performance issues on the Domain Manager.

Thanks

Joe

• 3.  Re: I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:36 AM

Make sure that you are using the correct version of the software which you are trying to meter for example if its IE 11.0.9600.17843 . 

• 4.  Re: I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

Posted Feb 28, 2017 03:33 AM

Hello Joseph,

I have followed the documents that you have shared.

1. The version of ITCM is 14.0.0.199

2.The collect task doesnt have any errors.

3.i am trying to  monitor Microsoft Office professional Plus Edition *86 32 EN, IE 11

Thanks

Sonvir

• 5.  Re: I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:50 PM

CA signatures use registry entries to collect data, but usage needs to use the exe.

CA recommends creating a custom signature based on the exe and then use that for the software usage.

• 6.  Re: I need to do software metering in CA Client Automation, i have enabled software usage and collect task has been created for the specified usage.The task was completed but in usage its still showing '0' counts. Can anyone help me on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 04:24 PM

Have you had any luck getting Usage to work ?

If you have not you might want to create a case and we can do a remote session and see what you have done.