Clarity

• 1.  Assign Access Rights per Group

Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:32 AM

Hi,

A newbie here. Is there a way to set access rights on a per group basis but will still be limited the view of a particular record to the record owner only?

As checked, instance will limit the access to a particular project/resource.

But will limit me only to a particular record. Hence, will affect the other resource member in the group.

But if I use the global, this will allow all instance to be viewed though he's not the record owner.

What can you suggest if applying roles for scenarios like this.

Thank you.

Yish

• 2.  Re: Assign Access Rights per Group

Posted Feb 24, 2017 09:50 AM

Hi Yish,

What do you mean by a record owner? In your case, the Resource Manager? You can create a group of all the access rights that you would like to assign to a resource or resources on the CA Clarity PPM. And, you can then assign those resource(s) to that group. There won't be any need to keep replicating the access rights to all the resources as just adding them to the group can simplify things. And, all those resources will belong to the same group and will have the same access rights.

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Assign Access Rights per Group

Posted Feb 24, 2017 05:57 PM

"Access rights" are very flexible and can be very simple or very complicated depending on how you set up your system - you might do something seemingly very simple which has a big impact across the system (eg granting GLOBAL rights to users).

Generally the system is very restrictive ; it only lets users see things that they should do (i.e. the "record owner" in your terminology). Its not until YOU start granting extra rights will it start to get complicated.

Rights can be granted over an INSTANCE (i.e. record) level, at an OBS (i.e. organizational structure) level, or a GLOBAL level.

Rights can be granted to INSTANCES (i.e. specific users), to OBS (i.e. resources who belong to an OBS) or to GROUPS of users.

It is vital that you understand how rights work before you start granting them.