DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 24, 2017 11:12 AM

Hi,

I wanted to understand if there is a way to not send out a clear alert when the issue is resolved? I am looking this option for exchange_monitor probe only. Any thoughts?

-Ananda

• 2.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 26, 2017 05:34 PM

Do you mean to say that you dont want to clear the Alarm ? If yes, did you try removing the default clear message from the profile and see if that helps?

• 3.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 02:17 AM

Hi Ananda, 

You might want to try creating an exclude filter int the NAS > Auto operator > Pre-processing rule. 

Choose exclude in the filter type then select the 'clear' severity level and add the probe name and the message string that will match the clear event. 

Amit.

• 4.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 03:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Amit,

Doing an exclude will just exclude the alert however I don’t want the alert to get cleared upon the resolution of issue.

I will try with Phani’s solution to see if that will help here.

I want the alert to stay in the console after the issue is resolved. Reason being, we have auto-ticketed all alerts in SOI. However, in cases like Exchange monitor probe, the alert just comes in stays in the console for some 10-15 minutes and clears and this process occurs very often per day. This creates a lot of ticket to the exchange team. We previously had this configuration in SOI and Nimsoft which issues a clear alarm and the same gets updated in SOI which makes the alert to stay in the console. This way, the only means for an alert to clear out from the console is through closing the corresponding incident. However, we recently upgraded our SOI and since then this is not working and the case we raised has also not reached to a position. Hence, this approach in Nimsoft to see if this will work or not.

-Ananda

• 5.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi Ananda, 

Set the exclude filter to exclude only the clear severity.

This will not effect the creation of the alarm, but will prevent the clear event from clearing it. 

Amit

• 6.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 08:01 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Amit,

This will not clear the original alert upon resolution of issue. Am I correct?

-Ananda

• 7.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 08:10 AM

Yes, you are correct. 

if you define pre-processing exclude filter, it will not clear the alarm because the clear message will be excluded. 

Amit.

• 8.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 08:19 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks Amit. I have enabled this and will observe.

-Ananda

• 9.  Re: How to not send out clear alarm?

Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:05 AM

This worked. Thanks Amit.