Rally Software

• 1.  How do I include HTML with Rally App Builder

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:21 PM

In the Rally App Builder, config.json allows me to include a JavaScript file (or multiple) with the App defined in it, and a CSS file with the styles. Running "rally-app-builder build" regenerated all the App*.html files. How can I include a file of HTML that would be placed in the <body> tags in the App*.html files? Since those get wiped every build, I'd have to paste in the HTML after every build. I've tried this, but the config.json file doesn't seem to be documented in the SDK 2.1 documents:

{     "name": "Sprint Report",     "className": "SprintReportApp",     "server": "https://rally1.rallydev.com",     "sdk": "2.1",     "javascript": [         "SprintReport.js"     ],     "css": [         "SprintReport.css"     ],     "html": [         "SprintReport.html"     ] }

• 2.  Re: How do I include HTML with Rally App Builder

Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:11 PM

Hi Matt,

The rally-app-builder utility has a --templates switch you can use with the build option. See here under the build option:
    GitHub - RallyApps/rally-app-builder: A Node.js command line utility for building apps using the Rally App SDK 

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: How do I include HTML with Rally App Builder

Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:43 PM

Thanks, Sean, it's a step. Is there any documentation on how the templates should be structured? 

What I'm trying to do is plug different Agile Central SDK components (story/defect Grid, velocity & burndown charts, some summary information) into a report page in specific layout, in a single app. An old report we have uses SDK 1.3, and is not mobile-responsive, so I'm trying to get onto the latest SDK and make the report responsive. Including HTML may not even be the right approach, but it's what I know today, so....

Open to change, though!

• 4.  Re: How do I include HTML with Rally App Builder

Posted Mar 02, 2017 07:12 AM

The easiest way to start is to just copy the contents of the templates directory after cloning/downloading the rally-app-builder repo to your local machine.  Then you can tweak the html files in the deploy directory to include any other custom app markup.

You may run into some weirdness with App SDK 2 depending on what ExtJS layouts you're using.  I haven't tried to do what you're doing, but apps usually are designed to fill their window and I know we have run into some interesting issues in the past trying to combine them with other content.

The other option is that you could just re-implement the html from your other apps right inside your SDK2 app.  That way you'll be playing within the ExtJS layout system, and you won't need to use custom output templates with the app builder either.

this.add({ xtype: 'component', html: '<div class="app1">html here from old app1</div>'});

this.add({ xtype: 'component', html: '<div class="app2">html here from old app2</div>'});