DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Feb 26, 2017 05:47 PM

Is there any easy way to import reports from UR to CABI or recreating them is the only option right now?

We have some legacy reports being run from UR and I am planning to have them recreated in CABI, checking to see if there are any easy ways to import the reports from UR instead of recreating them in CABI

I am not a CABI/Jasper expert so just trying to find a short cut 

• 2.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 04:35 PM

I am sorry currently there is no migration process from UR to CABI as these are different report engines.

You will need to manually recreate the reports at this time.

• 3.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Feb 27, 2017 05:25 PM

Thanks Gene,

I wish CA could add some basic reports to CABI reports by default , we have whole bunch of cloud reports build in to CABI right now which may not be so widely used compared to basic reports .

There should be more basic reports built into CABI which are more useful to everyone. 

Again I agree that we can create our own reports but that needs a knowledge of jasper which might take some time to master  

• 4.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:45 AM

I had some older custom iReport reports (.jrxml or .jasper) that I used to import into UR for UMP display.

By connecting iReport to Cabi I could use the same report, after changing the repository connector, and import the report into Cabi and use a webcontent portlet to display it in UMP. (probably cabi portlet can/must/will work also?)

• 5.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:38 PM

Thanks, I will give it a try and see if that helps 

• 6.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Apr 25, 2017 05:50 PM

Hi Phani,

I know this is a few months old, but thought I would clarify based on our experience.

You actually can import your UR reports into CABI.  Ultimately, the CABI system is just a newer version of JasperReports.  Depending on how you have defined your original reports, you may need to make a few changes, but for the most part, older reports tend to run pretty good in our experience.

Just export your old reports from UR and then do an Import into the new system.  You'll want to drop the iReport tool in favor of the JasperStudio tool to take advantage of the newer JasperReports capabilities.

We have done a few of the migrations.

Hope that helps a bit

• 7.  Re: Import reports from UR to CABI in UIM

Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:57 PM

Thanks Buckwheattb