Rally Software

• 1.  Issue with Custom Query when using CR # field

Posted Feb 24, 2017 02:06 PM

How to use CR # in Custom Queries of Rally.

I am trying to use ((state != "Closed") AND (CR # = "CR5"))  But says Invalid Expression.  How can i use "CR #" field in Queries.

• 2.  Re: Issue with Custom Query when using CR # field

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:35 PM

Hi Rajesh,

It sounds like "CR #" is a custom field for whatever artifact type you are running a query against. That is simply the display name. You will need to lookup the field's name to use in a query from Setup->Workspaces & Projects. Then select the Workspace or Project and find the custom field. Now select the gear icon next to the field to see what the Name value is saved. For example I have a custom field for Defect with a display name of "Custom Multi" This is a project level custom field. In the settings I can see it's Name value is"customMulti". So in a query I would use:

( customMulti = "String" )

Let me know if that helps,

Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: Issue with Custom Query when using CR # field

Posted Feb 24, 2017 06:59 PM

Hello Davis,

Thank you very Much for your Quick Response.

I understood what's Going on now with your Explanation.  But i am still unable to figure out Where to Look for the actual field name.

1) As i am not the Admin, just a user of CA.  Will i be able to still view the Actual Field?

2) I have Drop down to select the Work spaces and Project, and then navigate to track/quality/reports etc...  But i dont see the set up.

3) More over i am going to defects, Test cases and seeing the CR # column displayed, but not seeing the gear box against this field

If you can give me more info on this it really helps.  Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Issue with Custom Query when using CR # field
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2017 01:26 PM

Hi Rajesh,

Try going here, after logged into CA Agile Central,  https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/  .Then select the artifact type for which you are running the query. I am guessing "CR #" is for a defect. Now scroll down to look at the attributes for defect until you find one that is named something like CR. My guess is that it will be this:

"c_CR"

That will be what you want to use for your query. The c_ means it is a custom field. I tested in my subscription and when saved in the backend the "#" is removed.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Sean

• 5.  Re: Issue with Custom Query when using CR # field

Posted Feb 25, 2017 05:17 PM

Hello Davis,

Thank you very much for providing the Complete Details.  You have provided an answer for my query and also taught me how to look or verify in future by Myself.

I have enjoyed the Agile and now loving the Communities and Quick replies for issues.  

Thank you Again and have a Good Weekend.