Service Virtualization

• 1.  How can we implement "ReplyToQueueManager" option in IBM MQ step

Posted Feb 26, 2017 07:39 PM

Hi,

I have created a VS using IBM native MQ transport protocl. By using IBM MQ Native Send Receive step how can I reply to the original queue manager from which I am getting the request.

Thanks,

Narasimha

• 2.  Re: How can we implement "ReplyToQueueManager" option in IBM MQ step

Posted Feb 28, 2017 03:39 AM

Hi Narasimha,

please could you describe your scenario in more details and why do you need an extra IBM MQ Send Receive step?
    In fact in a stock VSM 
    generated from the VSE recorder it should handle replyTo queue and replyTo Queue Manager automatically, and it should not require an additional IBM MQ Send Receive step. 

If you really do need a separate Send Receive step to send some additional response with the ReplyTo information, then you can get it from the testExec state.  Make sure the Listen step, or whatever step you are using to receive the message, is not marked as 'Quiet'.  When it receives a message it should set two testExec properties:

- lisa.ibmmq.Recv.MQMD.ReplyToQueueName

- lisa.ibmmq.Recv.MQMD.ReplyToQueueManager

Regards,

Jan

• 3.  Re: How can we implement "ReplyToQueueManager" option in IBM MQ step

Posted Mar 05, 2017 06:32 PM

Hi Jan,

Once VS receives a request need to forward the request to some other system and have to wait to get the response. Once VS receives the response then  I need to send the response using "Reply to QManager" option(here VS will act as pass through). I have captured Q name and QManager name tried to respond but I was getting error.

Thanks,

Narassimha

• 4.  Re: How can we implement "ReplyToQueueManager" option in IBM MQ step

Posted Mar 06, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Narassimha,

there is pass-through support built into the IBM MQ Native protocol, is there a reason you can't use it?

Regards,

Jan

• 5.  Re: How can we implement "ReplyToQueueManager" option in IBM MQ step

Posted Mar 06, 2017 05:59 PM

Hi Jan,

I am not using in built pass-through feature.