DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Use snmpget probe to poll information from device that does not respond to mib2 (Check Point FW)

• 1.  Use snmpget probe to poll information from device that does not respond to mib2 (Check Point FW)

Posted Feb 27, 2017 01:35 AM

Hello, 

I'm trying to poll information from Checkpoint firewall that only respond to checkpoint mib.

It does not respond to any other oid, including mib2.

I want to use snmpget probe to collect the data, but the problem is that when you add a new profile, the probe first tries to get the system up time from the device and when the device is not answering to system up time, it thinks that the device is down and stops polling it. 

Is there a way to override this and make the smpget probe to get only the specific oids ? 

Thanks, 

Amit.

• 2.  Re: Use snmpget probe to poll information from device that does not respond to mib2 (Check Point FW)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:32 AM

Hi Amit,

Could you please open a ticket with Support for this issue?

I spoke with some folks on my team and we remember a similar scenario with an old version of the snmpcollector probe.

I think having a ticket open will help you to quickly identify the cause/resolution of this issue.

Something to try - can you delete the system.sysUpTime.sysUpTimeInstance from the profile you're trying to use?

Does that change the behavior when adding and polling a new device?

Hope that helps!

• 3.  Re: Use snmpget probe to poll information from device that does not respond to mib2 (Check Point FW)

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:34 AM

Hello Philip,

Thank you, i will open a case about this issue. 

About removing the system.uptime - i did not add it to the profile, the probe is doing this by default. there is no option to disable this behavior. 

Thanks,

Amit.