IT Process Automation

• 1.  Return on investment report

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:53 AM

Hi I am trying out return on investment report but when I run the report with a specific instance name the report is always empty. I check the document on reports but there is not much info there is there a good guide which I can use.  

• 2.  Re: Return on investment report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 03:47 PM

The ROI report requires you to check the Enable ROI checkbox on the report you want to be part of this report.  Here is the doc about it:

Work with Predefined Reports - CA Process Automation - 4.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

To view the Return on Investment (ROI) reports, select the Enable ROI check box in the Library Object Properties.  To see the Library Object Properties, right click the process in the library and select Properties and then click the ROI tab to see the checkbox.

• 3.  Re: Return on investment report

Posted Feb 27, 2017 10:09 PM

hi andrew,

i enabled the ROI and when i run the BRIT report i key in the instance name, the report comes out as empty.

Empty report.

• 4.  Re: Return on investment report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 08:39 AM

I found that it can take 5 minutes or so before the instance will appear in the report after you check the checkbox.  Did you run this immediately after checking the box?

• 5.  Re: Return on investment report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 08:40 AM

I should also add that it will only log information AFTER you check that checkbox.  So if you check the check box but the process has not run since checking the check box, you will not see any data.  If you want to test this, run the process a few times, then wait 5 to 10 minutes and run the report to see the instances listed.

• 6.  Re: Return on investment report

Posted Feb 28, 2017 11:21 AM

Hi Andrew, yes I ran a few times after I check the box as well as run the report after a hour or so but it still does not show any result.i also configured to group name but when I use the drop down list I do not see the group name I configured.

• 7.  Re: Return on investment report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:56 AM

Did you also run the process where you checked the box?  Make sure to run the process a few times so that there is some data to report.