Service Virtualization

• 1.  HTTP> MQ Proxy

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:49 AM
      |   view attached

I've a requirement to take a HTTP request send to MQ then send back the response as HTTP illustrated below,

Debugging the VSM everything seems to work however my response just hangs I think this is because on the HTTP Responder step this returns the lisa.vse.response property. 

Any ideas?

I have attached example project, the proxy is named MQ_Proxy

Attachment(s)

zip
    ProxyExamples.zip   36 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: HTTP> MQ Proxy

Posted Feb 27, 2017 10:13 AM

Just curious....

Would it be possible to

a) add an HTTP VSI Selection Step prior to the MQ Call Step. [Use the HTTP VSI Selection since this is an HTTP Responder not a JMS Responder.]

b) Change the Stateless Image Response META HTTP Response code to 200 rather than default 404.  The VSI Selection simply returns a Service Image Not Found Response but generates a proper lisa_vse_response list.  

b) after the MQ Call filter the MQ response into a property 

c) add script to set the property into lisa_vse_response.get(0).setBody( {{yourMQResponse}} );   OR, if lisaMQCall.rsp is used and content is string, replace {{yourMQResponse}} with testExec.getStateValue("lisaMQCall.rsp")  

On occasion, I will use a VSI Selection Step to ensure that the lisa_vse_response object gets created properly.  Then, override the body as needed.

- Minor edits to sequence with added clarifications based on additional offline conversation and final actions taken.

• 3.  Re: HTTP> MQ Proxy

Posted Feb 27, 2017 11:13 AM

You have a finite amount of time to respond to the initial HTTP request. Is it not possible to do this as an asynchronous response. HTTP Respond 200 - call MQ - then make a separate HTTP/HTML Request back to the sender. Then if there is a delay with the MQ at least you have completed the handshake.