AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I deploy CA Service Virtualization on Multiple hosts

Question asked by CodyKurtz81980592 on Feb 27, 2017
Latest reply on May 30, 2018 by Beverly Mindle

We are currently deploying DevTest 10 using Docker on a single host.

As part of this, we spin up 4 containers.

- Dashboard (dradis-base)

-Registry (registry-broker-base)

-VSE  (servers-base)

-Portal (portal-base)

We are now running into a situation, where I would like to split the containers across hosts. I need help to identify which properties in the lisa.properties file to update in order to facilitate this. I want to make the containers server agnostic. For example I can deploy these 4 containers to 4 separate servers. 

I have my own images based off the official images. I override the entrypoint in the docker image, and provide a script that finds and replaces properties. 

The environment variables are injected at deploy time. Ie REGISTRY_URL will have the DNS name where the registry is deployed.

Registry

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s#lisa.registryName=.*#lisa.registryName=tcp://$REGISTRY_URL:2010/Registry#" \

/opt/devtest/lisa.properties

sed -i "s#lisadb.pool.common.url=.*#lisadb.pool.common.url=$JDBC_STRING#" \

# Start Registry

/opt/devtest/bin/Registry -n tcp://$REGISTRY_URL:2010/Registry

Dashboard

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s#tcp://.*:2003/EnterpriseDashboard#tcp://$DASHBOARD_URL:2003/EnterpriseDashboard#" /opt/devtest/lisa.properties sed -i "s/devtest.enterprisedashboard.host=localhost/devtest.enterprisedashboard.host=$DASHBOARD_URL/" /opt/devtest/lisa.properties

# start dashboard

/opt/devtest/bin/EnterpriseDashboard

VSE

#!/bin/bash -x

sed -i "s#lisa.vseName=.*#lisa.vseName=tcp://$VSE_URL:2013/VSE#" \

sed -i "s#lisa.registryName=.*#lisa.registryName=tcp://$REGISTRY_URL:2010/Registry#" \

/opt/devtest/bin/VirtualServiceEnvironment -n tcp://${VSE_URL}:2013/VSE -m tcp://${REGISTRY_URL}:2010/Registry

Portal

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s#lisa.registryName=.*#lisa.registryName=tcp://$REGISTRY_URL:2010/Registry#" \  /opt/devtest/lisa.properties sed -i "s#lisa.vseName=.*#lisa.vseName=tcp://$VSE_URL:2013/VSE#" \

# Start Portal

/opt/devtest/bin/Portal -J-Dregistry.host="$REGISTRY_URL" -J-DlisaAutoConnect="tcp://$REGISTRY_URL:2010/Registry"

For reference, here is a sample dockerfile. I take the files ca provide and add these scripts as entrypoints.

FROM myregistry/devtest/servers-base:10.0.0.431

ADD ./init.sh /root/init.sh

ENTRYPOINT ["/root/init.sh"]

Please help me to identify all properties to update, in order to allow the ability to deploy these 4 containers on 4 separate servers.

Thanks

Outcomes