Clarity

• 1.  Resource Availability

Posted Feb 28, 2017 06:39 AM

Hi All,

We are in Clarity 15.1.

Can we calculate the resource availability based on different calendar.

For example: We have two calendar C1 and C2 . Resource R1's calendar is C1. Can we calculate R1's availability based on the calendar C2.

Thanks

Hari

• 2.  Re: Resource Availability

Posted Feb 28, 2017 07:23 AM

Resource availability in a month is calculated as (Number of Days in Calendar month X Number of hours the Resource Works) for example: 20*8=160 hours in a 20 Calendar days month.

Also, check this:

Resource availability rate and calendars

https://communities.ca.com/message/2280610 

NJ

• 3.  Re: Resource Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:57 PM

To change the calendar for a resource for a change in availability, you need to update the calendar referenced on the Calendar tab of the resource. After changing and clicking the Save button, the availablity will be recalculated.

• 4.  Re: Resource Availability

Posted Mar 09, 2017 06:46 AM

Thanks Janet for your suggestion. 

But I don't want to update the calendar from resource profile. Instead of that i have to calculate the availability from the database side.

Because  we are having a 7k resources using clarity from different geographical location. Now we have to create a report in which we have to calculate the availability based on one particular calendar for all the resource.

ie; I have to calculate the availability based on a particular calendar for all resources. Is this possible.

Thanks

Hari 

• 5.  Re: Resource Availability

Posted Mar 09, 2017 07:03 AM

To "calculate in SQL" availability for a given calendar, pick a resource that has that calendar and then look at that resource's availability TIME SLICES.

You should pick the slice that closely matches the period you are trying to calculate the availability over (DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY and QUARTERLY should be available).