CA Service Management

• 1.  create ticket in closed state using input cmd file

Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:23 AM

Hello All,

We have an requirement to create some agent profile problem tickets to be created with "closed" status and we use a n job to roll-out the tickets in SD. the input file of the .bat job as follows and it works fine.

%CUSTOMER=45678934
    %CATEGORY=4
    %ASSIGNEE=a123
    %DESCRIPTION=agen ticket
    %GROUP=ITSMgroup
    %PRIORITY=3
    %ZREPORTED_DATE=05/27/2014 04:33:34.000000
    %ZDUE_DATE=06/09/2014 04:33:34.000000
    %SUMMARY=test
    %%%%%

To create tickets in closed state I tried to add the line "%STATUS=CL" or "%STATUS=closed" but ticket didn't got generated. Can you please help me in achieving the output. Do I need to udpate any OOB spel files for this or any other best practice?

• 2.  Re: create ticket in closed state using input cmd file

Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:48 AM

Maybe there is some dependant attribute control or transition rule that requires to provide value to some attribute e.g. closure_code. In this case system may not be able to create the ticked in closed state. Simply try to register closed ticket from interface to see which attributes are mandatory/

• 3.  Re: create ticket in closed state using input cmd file

Posted Mar 01, 2017 09:09 AM

Hi Mohan,

I tested this in a local environment and am able to create a ticket in the Closed status using pdm_text_nxd. I included %STATUS=closed in my input file and the incident was created in the closed status and inactive as expected. Are you receiving an error response when trying to execute the command? In my testing I will see either an error or success response message. 

This does not appear to be a problem with syntax but rather something related to settings in Service Desk. I would agree with Giedrius to try creating a ticket in the closed status via the web interface populating only the fields being passed to pdm_text_cmd and see if this is successful. If it is, then we should review what response we receive from the pdm_text_cmd command and if any errors are present in the stdlogs at the time of execution. If it is not, hopefully you are able to identify what is preventing ticket creation in the Closed status via the web interface which should resolve the problem seen with pdm_text_cmd.

Regards,

Kurt

• 4.  Re: create ticket in closed state using input cmd file
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2017 09:29 AM

Thanks Kurt and Gutis for your valuable response. I just re-checked my input file and found that wrong category has been given since this category doesn't present in lower environment.

Thanks all for your help.