Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

• 1.  How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:40 AM

Hi,

I have installed DevTest on Linux and windows. I would like to connect to windows DevTest registry from Linux DevTest.

Please do let me know how to do this?

Regards

Irfan

• 2.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Posted Mar 02, 2017 07:41 AM

You should be prompted for which Registry URL you want to connect to when starting the Workstation. If the dialog does not appear, click on the 'Change Registry' toolbar button once the Workstation has started up.

• 3.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:40 AM

SteveRobertsCA is referring to the screen pop when you launch Workstation:

In the above example, change "nesjo02" to the server name where your Registry is running.  If the autoconnect property is set, you may not see this screen.  If you do not see the screen pop, follow Steve's instructions to "Change Registry" after the Workstation launches. 

If you need to connect to multiple Registries, it is best to 'uncheck' the Automatically connect to this registry on startup box.  This will allow you to choose from the dropdown list once you've successfully connected.

• 4.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 11:38 AM

Thank you, I was able to connect to the remote registry successfully. But I was not able to access the projects that are present in the remote Devtest server.

How can I access these projects?

• 5.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Posted Mar 05, 2017 05:22 PM

Portal can typically access projects that are in the server.  

From Workstation, on a remote machine, you need to map a drive.  Once you've mapped the drive so Windows Explorer can detect the file system, you can navigate there from Workstation.

• 6.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2017 07:38 AM

Hi,

I need some information. Is there a way to dynamically update project.config file? I need to add a variable say hostname and its corresponding value in the project config file.

Regards

Irfan

• 7.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Posted Mar 06, 2017 07:51 AM

I am assuming you mean dynamically updating the project config while it is at rest on the file system.   

Workstation is typically used to maintain / manage the project config so I would say no.  You can create multiple configs each having a different value for the same 'key' and select the config during deployment.  You could use testExec to alter the 'value' at runtime.

• 8.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi,

I tried executing a sample test on DevTest remote registry, it works fine.  But executing a sample test suite on DevTest remote registry of it fails with following error:

============================================================================ | C:/Users/ahmmo05/lisatmp_9.5.1/lads/55FCDB803C311E7B51AF42D20524153/maas_functional_tests/Tests/HierarchialRequirement/TC01-CreateUserStory.tst failed due to exception ============================================================================ | Message: java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://ahmmo05-i1902:2011/Coordinator Connection reset; nested exception is: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Connection reset ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- | Trapped Exception: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://ahmmo05-i1902:2011/Coordinator Connection reset; nested exception is: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Connection reset | Trapped Message: java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://ahmmo05-i1902:2011/Coordinator Connection reset; nested exception is: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Connection reset ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- STACK TRACE java.rmi.RemoteException: JMS Messaging problem with ServerRequestHandler for tcp://ahmmo05-i1902:2011/Coordinator Connection reset; nested exception is: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Connection reset at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.init(Transporter.java:395) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.(Transporter.java:318) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.createTransporter(Transporter.java:277) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.getTransporter(Transporter.java:211) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.transport(Transporter.java:160) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transactor.transact(Transactor.java:68) at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.transact(ClientBase.java:361) at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.invokeMethod(ClientBase.java:271) at com.itko.lisa.net.ClientBase.invokeMethod(ClientBase.java:244) at com.itko.lisa.net.CoordinatorServerClient.getLabName(CoordinatorServerClient.java:82) at com.itko.lisa.coordinator.TestRunner.stageTest(TestRunner.java:1471) at com.itko.lisa.coordinator.TestRunner.stageTest(TestRunner.java:1281) at com.itko.lisa.testing.RegressionRunner.initialize(RegressionRunner.java:281) at com.itko.lisa.testing.RegressionRunner.runTest(RegressionRunner.java:242) at com.itko.lisa.testing.StagedSuite.runNative(StagedSuite.java:896) at com.itko.lisa.testing.suitemon.SuiteRunPanel$2.run(SuiteRunPanel.java:158) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: com.itko.jms.JMSException: Connection reset at com.itko.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1306) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java:1874) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:254) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:1116) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:1060) at com.itko.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:973) at com.itko.lisa.net.Transporter.init(Transporter.java:390) ... 16 more Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedInputStream.fill(TcpBufferedInputStream.java:50) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport$2.fill(TcpTransport.java:589) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedInputStream.read(TcpBufferedInputStream.java:58) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport$2.read(TcpTransport.java:574) at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(Unknown Source) at com.itko.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:269) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:240) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:232) at com.itko.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:215) ... 1 more ============================================================================

Please suggest how to fix this problem.

Regards,

Irfan

• 9.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:30 PM

Hey Irfan,

Were you able to resolve this error? I am also facing the same exact error when I was running the testrunner command. Please share if you could resolve this error.

Thanks,

Nikhil

• 10.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Posted Apr 20, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi Nikhil, although it may seem like a pain, would you mind opening a new question and posting the exception from your log file? If possible, could you also post the command you are using to launch testrunner. 

Posting a new question, will help us focus more specifically on your issue. And, it may get a few more members to review the issue since this original question was marked complete.

• 11.  Re: How to connect to remote registry from DevTest workstation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:36 AM

You can add the below property to the local.properties file of the component you want to connect to the remote Registy:

lisa.registry.url=tcp://<ipaddress>: 2010/Registry

You will get prompt for a connection from a Workstation.