Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway

Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:26 AM

Hello,

Can I have brief information about How to integrate On premises Layer7 API Gateway  to Cloud applications(JAVA, .NET ) without using firewall rules,etc..

Please provide some information.

Regards

Rajasekhar

• 2.  Re: Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway

Posted Mar 02, 2017 03:08 PM

Rajasekhar,

What is your use case here? It is not clear what you are trying to accomplish.

• 3.  Re: Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway

Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:27 PM

Hi Mohindra,

I have few Java applications hosted in AWS cloud. The application server and webserver there in cloud only.

Layer7 API gateway installed and using in On premises so I don't want to install my gateway into cloud for accessing the applications.

Now I need to know how can I proceed. I don't want to disturb my current Layer7 environment.

Regards

Rajasekhar

• 4.  Re: Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:56 PM

Hi Rajasekhar,

We still need more details, are the apps on cloud working as backend service?

If yes, the gateway itself has no limit on outbound connection, as long as your gateway can access internet, there should be no problem.

But if your network block the outbound connection, you have to ask your network team to open it. Or you may think of moving the gateway server to DMZ.

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway

Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:42 AM

Thanks for the information Zhijun He.

Yes, Apps are on cloud working as backend service.

Everything resides in cloud. I need to connect cloud application from On premises Layer7 API Gateway.

My network not allowing me anything to interact with cloud.At the same time my network team is not ready to allow public protocols/ports.

Is there any other possibility to interact with cloud without opening any ports in my network level.

I know this is not a fair question but still checking any possibilities.

Regards

Rajasekhar

• 6.  Re: Integrating Cloud based application with Onpremises Layer7 API Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 03, 2017 11:21 AM

Rajasekhar,

Due to your network blocking access to these cloud apps, this is beyond the scope of the API Gateway.

Production Network Architecture