Clarity

• 1.  How to send a hyperlink in Gel script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:01 PM

I try to send an email having a hyperlink (point to the budget plan page of a project). However, I cannot do the URL construction in a variable in Gel Script. Like:

<core:set value="${myClarityURL}/niku/nu#action:revmgr.budgetList&id=${ProjectID}&object_code=project&planType_view_code=budgetList" var="budgetPlanURL"/>

But the above statement always give me the following error  

The reference to entity "id" must end with the ';' delimiter.

when I tried to save it in Gel script. I tried to replace "&" with "&amp;", but the same error popup. The following statement could help me save the statement in gel script:

<![CDATA[<core:set value="${myClarityURL}/niku/nu#action:revmgr.budgetList&id=${ProjectID}&object_code=project&planType_view_code=budgetList" var="budgetPlanURL"/>]]>

However, when I print out the budgetPlanURL variable value in log, it is blank. In my email, I have the following code:

<ul> The project <a href="${budgetPlanURL}"><b>${PRJName}</b></a> : Spend Plan submitted is approved. <ul>

But I only get the following result in my email:

The project  : Spend Plan submitted is approved. 

Anyone has any idea on how I can construct a URL and send it in email in Gel Script? The script should be developed in V15.1. 

• 2.  Re: How to send a hyperlink in Gel script

Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:10 PM

Try encoding the &  using %26

<core:set value="${myClarityURL}/niku/nu#action:revmgr.budgetList%26id=${ProjectID}%26object_code=project%26planType_view_code=budgetList" var="budgetPlanURL"/>

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: How to send a hyperlink in Gel script

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi Gene,

The same error message when I save the script:

The reference to entity "id" must end with the ';' delimiter.

• 4.  Re: How to send a hyperlink in Gel script
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:13 PM

After I removed all the comments in my script, the following statement works:

<core:set value="${myClarityURL}/niku/nu#action:revmgr.budgetList&amp;id=${ProjectID}&amp;object_code=project&amp;planType_view_code=budgetList" var="budgetPlanURL"/>