Service Virtualization

• 1.  Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 05:42 AM

Hello community,

We have a operational environment DevTest in version 8.0. And we want to migrate in version 10.0 in several steps : first dashboard and later registry, broker, vse... Registry 8.0 have to run with Dashboard 10.0 for several weeks.

Is-it possible ? 

My try is not good. With the configuration "lisa.enterprisedashboard.service.url=tcp://myServer:2003/EnterpriseDashboard" I've got the error : "The Enterprise Dashboard Server at 'tcp://myServer:2003/EnterpriseDashboard' could not be contacted"

With Dashboard 8.0, there is a MQ listener on port 2003. With Dashboard 10.0 it seems that there is no MQ listener on this port. 

Some advices ? 

Regards, 

Benoit

• 2.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2017 08:23 AM

For DevTest 8.0 registry to work with DevTest 10.0 Enterprise Dashboard you need to launch Enterprise Dashboard CIC (process/service), in addition to the configuration you described above. Please review instructions on Maintain Registries - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation, which guides you through the process of adding and activating a DevTest 8.0 registry to the new Enterprise Dashboard.

• 3.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 08:58 AM

Tested, it does work. Thanks.

And I've got news questions : 

- What is CIC ? 

- I'm using docker for running dashboard. I will running a new container for Enterprise Dashboard CIC. Where can I find documentation about configuring it ? For my test, CIC was running in the container's Dashboard.

- A derby database is used by CIC. The dashboard will use an Oracle database. Can they use the samedatabase ?

Other advises ? 

Benoit

• 4.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:20 AM

1) CIC is the AMQ provider for Registries < 9.1. Registries >= 9.1 connect to EDB using REST API. So you can think of CIC as the connector for legacy registries to new EDB. 

2) See Upgrading DevTest - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation for configuring docker to run CIC.

3) EDB uses the DB, EDB CIC connects to EDB. I am not aware that EDB CIC has a separate access to the DB, but I maybe mistaken.

• 5.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:55 AM

Ok.

For Docker configuration, paramater -Ddevtest.enterprisedashboard.host need to be specified (this may be missing in documentation Upgrading DevTest - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation).

If missing in configuration, EDB CIC will start with error and Registry 8.0 won't be able to connect to EDB.

There is no EDB CIC access to EDB DB. Good.

Is the Derby database is started inside EDB CIC usefull ?

I've disabled it and configured MySQL instead. EDB is running, EDB CIC is running, Registry 8.0 is running and displayed in EDB home page. And the MySQL schema for EDB CIC is still empty...

Benoit

• 6.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:02 AM

Regarding the Docker configuration, please add a comment to the product documentation page. It will then be picked up.

• 7.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:35 AM

About EDB CIC database, I think I made mistake. I will check my configuration tomorrow.

Benoit

• 8.  Re: Can Registry 8.0 run with Dashboard 10.0 ?

Posted Mar 03, 2017 03:49 AM

Hello,

Comment added on product documentation page.

About EDB CIC DB schema empty on mysql, it was because of a wrong configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Benoit