DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Processes probe alarms not clearing

Posted Mar 02, 2017 01:02 PM

We have a situation in which we are monitoring a process for memory utilization using the processes probe (4.01). I have defined a custom alarm message in the message pool which is just a copy of the default "MsgProcSize" alarm message but with some custom text appended to it.

It is accurately catching and sending the alarm when the memory threshold is exceeded but after our systems team addresses the issue and the alarm condition is resolved the alarm does not clear. Is there a way to make this happen? I am having to manually clear the alarm each time it happens and is resolved I would much rather have it clear automatically once the alarm condition is resolved.

• 2.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:25 PM

can you try updating to the latest version 4.32.

There have been some fixes around clear alarms

• 3.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Posted Mar 07, 2017 01:09 PM

Thanks Gene, I've upgraded the probe as you suggested. I'll verify if it corrects the issue during our next maintenance period on the target system. I appreciate the help.

• 4.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Posted Mar 21, 2017 10:59 AM

This morning the process exceeded the memory utilization threshold we put in place and an alarm was generated. Despite upgrading the probe to the latest version (4.32), when the memory condition was resolved the alarm remained even though memory usage for the targeted process had dropped below the threshold. Again I had to manually clear the alarm. Any other suggestions?

• 5.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Posted Mar 21, 2017 11:04 AM

This morning the process exceeded the memory utilization threshold we put in place and an alarm was generated. Despite upgrading the probe to the latest version (4.32), when the memory condition was resolved the alarm remained even though memory usage for the targeted process had dropped below the threshold. Again I had to manually clear the alarm. Any other suggestions?

• 6.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 11:11 AM

I would suggest opening a support case after collecting controller loglevel 3 logs with logsize 5000 and process probe loglevel 5 logs with logsize 25000 along with the .cfg files and screen shots of the detail alarm and Memory usage screen shots as this may need to go to dev review and comment

• 7.  Re: Processes probe alarms not clearing

Posted Aug 29, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi Tony! Did you solve this question? I have a similar problem righ now, the processes probe (v4.60) don't clear the alarms.