CA Service Management

• 1.  Manually change status from Pending Fulfillment to Fulfilled

Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:26 AM

I am trying to get a better understanding on how Events and Rules work in Service Catalog. I have a service request that I would like to have it hold on Pending Request until I come back later and manually change it's status to Fulfilled.

I have set up a Rule and Action to do this, and have also had it checked out by those with more experience who said it was written correctly but it does not work.

I am using the Fulfillment Action and have my IDs set correctly.

I am on the list or Approvers (and I am also a catalog admin) so permissions shouldn't be a problem.

I have written my Rule to be very specific on the service I am using and have double checked that it's not firing any other Rule.

What I am expecting to happen is... when I come back to the form to Fulfill it, I click the Fulfill button and I am presented with a dropdown to either Fulfill or Reject(?) the service, but all I see is Pending Fulfillment. No dropdown.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Manually change status from Pending Fulfillment to Fulfilled

Posted Mar 03, 2017 12:22 PM

It sounds like either the PAM process was not invoked or the assignPendingAction web service call was unsuccessful or perhaps assigned to another user. If you click the status history link (i.e. Current Status) in the request do you see the 'Pending Fulfillment' task assigned to a user?

• 3.  Re: Manually change status from Pending Fulfillment to Fulfilled

Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:03 PM

We are doing this just within Catalog and not PAM. We do see the proper group being assigned to complete the step when viewing the Status History (I even changed the approver to just be a single person and it didn't work either), it's just looks like the assignee is never getting assigned.

• 4.  Re: Manually change status from Pending Fulfillment to Fulfilled

Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:30 PM

If you are doing this in Catalog, I assume you are using a policy to assign the fulfillment pending action? And you see the group assigned in the status history? If you check your user profile do you see the group under the 'User Group Membership' section at the bottom?