Test Data Manager

• 1.  ARD - SHOW_REPEAT Options?

Posted Mar 03, 2017 09:06 AM

When setting up Test Data in Agile Designer from Datamaker is there anyway to limit the maximum publish number with SHOW_REPEAT?  Right now, the default repeat options go from 1-100000 and we would like to limit that number.

TDM Version: 4.0

Agile Designer Version: 2.3

• 2.  Re: ARD - SHOW_REPEAT Options?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2017 01:52 PM

Hi Norak,

I searched the system tables in TDM and did not find one that is exposed to manipulate.  I did ask an ARD/TDM Expert and this is their response:

I don’t think there is currently a way to do this in TDM without using table repeat counts and a variable (but even doing this doesn’t prevent a user submitting a massive request!)

If you create a variable, like –RepeatLimit-. Put the description as – How many records do you require? Set the value to be a range or drop down list.

You can apply this to the table repeat count. Then in TDoD for example it would give you a field you can pick the amounts from.

You still get a publish amount at the end – but if they leave this as default 1 – you will get the repeated amount.

This is the best answer that we have.  Does this help?

Cheers!
    Les.

• 3.  Re: ARD - SHOW_REPEAT Options?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2017 02:23 PM

Hi Norak,

If the above is not sufficient, then I would ask that you submit an Idea to possibly put this on the Road Map as an enhancement.

Cheers!
    Les