Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme

Posted Mar 03, 2017 02:27 PM

We are trying to setup RSA 2FA using SecurID HTML form auth scheme.  As per documentation we have done the following; 

• For Policy Servers on UNIX, generate the ACE configuration information file (sdconf.rec, failover.dat) on RSA Authentication Manager by an RSA Administrator and then copy to the <policy server installation dir>/lib directory. Additionally, the VAR_ACE and USR_ACE variables are pointing to the <policy_server installation_dir>/lib, allowing the Policy Server to use API libraries and not the ACE agent.  

We are unable to understand if there are additional steps required to get this working.  If anyone has done the RSA integration with Policy Servers running on Linux; we would highly appreciate guidance or more detailed steps to get this working.  

• 2.  Re: SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme

Posted Mar 03, 2017 09:01 PM

Hi Jaikumar ,

Refer : Configure SiteMinder for SecureID 

Regards,

Leo Joseph.

• 3.  Re: SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 11:20 PM

I believe you have to install the RSA ACE Agent libraries for Unix on your policy server, and make it available to the policy server.

• 4.  Re: SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme

Posted Mar 07, 2017 09:37 AM

Aren't the libraries pre-installed with the policy server?  I understand from the documents that the RSA config file (sdconf.rec) along with setting environment variables should suffice to set this up.  Please share more details if you think that is not the case. 

• 5.  Re: SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2017 04:21 AM

Hi Jaikumar,

Also refer this KB - RSA Auth Scheme Configuration error

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1415752.html 

Regards,

Leo Joseph.

• 6.  Re: SecurID HTML Form Authentication Scheme

Posted Mar 07, 2017 09:34 AM

Thank you Leo - these steps look promising and is exactly what I was hoping for.