Release Automation

• 1.  Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Posted Mar 06, 2017 03:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm relying heavily on the rest action to get the status of an deployment because I build a process, that triggers and monitors subdeployments.

It seem with the release of 6.3 you changed something in the handling of the status or added a new one.

When I'm looking at the deployment I'm seeing the status "running (blocked)"

but the REST result is the following:

http://mucs810761.munich.munichre.com:8080/datamanagement/a/api/v2/release-status/10803

{"id":"10803","result":true,"description":"0% Running Post-Deployment (Waiting for user input)","stage":"Post-Deployment","stageState":"Running","releaseStatus":"Active"}

Is something messed up with the status?

Please explain!

Thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Posted Mar 07, 2017 01:45 AM

As there wasn't a response yet, I opened the case  00691583

• 3.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:44 AM

for your information, this also appears within a single deployment, so as soon as one deployment step is going into blocked state, the whole deployment has the "running (blocked)" status and so the rest call returns "waiting for user input"

Leo is working on the case, I will post news about it here in this post, as I would assume other users are interested in this as well.

• 4.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:14 PM

Apologies the delay in reply, but thank you for logging a case to expedite attention to this.  We can share the answer here once Leo sorts it out through the case. 

• 5.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Posted Mar 09, 2017 02:45 AM

Hi James,

yeah, I really hope engineering can pin this down fast. for now I needed to remove the status check for "waiting for user input" as it caused too much trouble during our deployments

best regards

michael

• 6.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)

Posted Mar 09, 2017 03:00 AM

Alright, Leo just told me that engineering acknowledged this as a bug. so, now it is just waiting until it gets fixed.

• 7.  Re: Bug: REST - Getting Deployment Status returns "waiting for user input" when the state is actually blocked?!? (CA-RA 6.3)
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 07:41 AM

For everyone interested, this problem should be fixed in Patch build 9863 for 6.3 and the 6.4 GA version