DX NetOps

• 1.  Query Historic Alarms and Events Via Corba Interface

Posted Mar 06, 2017 06:35 AM

Hi I need to query our CA Spectrum instance for Historic Alarms and Events using the Corba interface.

Where can I download the SDK from to create a Windows client?

I can see there is an SDK folder on our CA Spectrum Linux platform, but there appears to be missing files

The java examples reference com.aprisma.utils which is not present in the com.aprisma folder, I'm guessing this is where a CorbaHelper would be?

I've tried compiliing the IDL(with the standard Java: IDLJ), but get forward reference errors

idlj.exe : .\cscalarmdomain.idl (line 1128):  There is a forward reference to CsCRelation, but it is not defined.

Looking at the Makefile, it appears to use another tool to compile the IDL.

Any help with this would also be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Query Historic Alarms and Events Via Corba Interface

Posted Jun 02, 2017 09:30 AM

I don't have spectrum on a windows box, but I would guess you can copy the SDK folder and compile it if you have your java variables set appropriately.

CA does not provide everything to create your own native C application. There's fine print somewhere in the docs saying you need to purchase a license from/for visibroker.

java classpath

SPECCLASSPATH=.:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/global100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/ssorb100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/ssorbutil100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/vbhelper100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/vbjorb.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/vbsec.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/util100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/utilnet100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/utilsrv100.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/lm.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/cryptojFIPS.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/sanct6.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/sanctuary.jar:/var/opt/spectrum/lib/utilapp100.jar:/usr/share/java/*

compile

/var/opt/spectrum/Java/bin/javac -classpath $SPECCLASSPATH GetDomain.java

run

/var/opt/spectrum/Java/bin/java -classpath $SPECCLASSPATH GetDomain

• 3.  Re: Query Historic Alarms and Events Via Corba Interface

Posted Jun 27, 2017 08:20 AM

Hi David,

Please also have a look at the Spectrum documentation on https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-1/en/programming/development-api-reference