DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Posted Mar 07, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi, where can i please disable (or reconfigure if disabling is not possible) the help link (question mark in the top right corner next to the "Go to Map" link) in the APM Team Center? it's useless to point to the docops, if the APM env doesnt have internet access, so we would like to redirect it to offline docs or disable it at all.

thank you, stefan

• 2.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 07:47 AM

Stefan:

Marking as a discussion. Please post in the internal Yammer group. 

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:09 AM

WrenW  Olina  SrikantN  Guenter_Grossberger  Hiko_Davis

Dear Stefan :

I adding the above people and placed your post in the correct Yammer group. If you do not hear back in either of these two locations, please open a case

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Posted Mar 15, 2017 02:18 PM

Hi, yes, this is a ugly problem.

On the one hand the links point to unavailable web sites (fixed with APM 10.5.1 HF1) on the other the links are not available without internet connection. And some of the web pages require a login to CA to get the help information.

Let me know the result of your discussion with the folks,

Lutz

• 5.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2017 02:21 PM

Thanks Lutz:

What you are talking about is covered in this KD 

Help does not display on Webview or Team Center.TEC1896622
    http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1896622.html

• 6.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Posted Mar 15, 2017 05:07 PM

Hello Hal German,

thanks for the hint, the modifications from the Tech Note are part of the APM 10.5.1 HF 1 also.

In general the Tech Note gives useful information to change the help URLs to an more useful or internal website.

I try something like this in the past, but doesn't work in well.

introscope.apmserver.ui.configuration.name.0=DEFAULT_WIKI_PAGE
    introscope.apmserver.ui.configuration.value.0=https://docops.ca.com/rest/ca/product/latest/topic?hid=HID_Start_with_Team_Center&space=APMDEVOPS103&language=&format=rendered

And the properties "com.wily.introscope.help.url=" and "introscope.apmserver.ui.welcome.url=" points to internal links also.

Unfortunately, some of the CA help pages are not general available and several user are not able to login to CA. But the help war file for APM 10.5.1 doesn't contain the information from the CA site.

However, someone should spend some time to make help link modifications more easy and CA should inculde the content into the introscope help war file.

Thanks, Lutz

• 7.  Re: how to disable or redirect the HELP (?) in ATC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2017 05:20 PM

Dear Lutz:

I understand both sides of this "argument" 

- Static vs Dynamic Help Content

- Internal (Company intranet only) versus External (Internet) access.

There are tradeoffs on updating content, access, etc. 

I would encourage you to work with your account team so you can directly discuss with product management. (Or if there is an APM Office Hours with PM there.) It is good that they hear your important concerns. Please keep sharing!

Thanks

Hal German