DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:40 AM

Hello, I've just started working with APM this week, we've configured APM alerts to populate into our UIM console but the format that's used to populate the UIM alert message is needs some tweaking. Is there any documentation on where/how one can change the APM alert information (message format and fields) UIM? Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

• 2.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:55 AM

Dear Christopher:

I cross-posted to UIM community. But I think the documentation covers this. In 10.5 (You did not say your release), there is a special UIM alert.

Define CA UIM Alert Action - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Older articles on this topic are

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-apm/blog/2014/12/14/on-the-second-day-of-apm-97-the-ca-team-gave-to-me-ca-uim-integration

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241700317

Please review and let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Posted Mar 08, 2017 01:35 PM

Thank you Hal, but I had already gone through the documentation within the links you posted in your reply before posting my question here. 

• 4.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 01:51 PM

Hi Christopher:

I made  people aware of your post on our internal board as well as the previous cross-posting. If there are no additional responses by tomorrow mid-morning, please open a case to seek an answer. Status updates and resolutions are welcomed to help other customers having this same issue.I will internally post again tomorrow if there are no answers. Are there any log messages on the APM or UIM side indicating issues?

Thanks 

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:31 AM

Per my post yesterday, no one has responded so a case seems to be the next step...

• 6.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:32 AM

Thank you for all your assistance on this Hal. I've checked the logs in APM and UIM and didn't see any abnormalities.

• 7.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Posted Mar 08, 2017 12:09 PM

Thank you for the reply. The environment was built last week, we are on 10.5.1. The alert i added to my first post was a result of configuring a "New UIM Alert Action" within WebView, I haven't looked through the links you sent just yet, I'm hoping to find something that will provide some insight into the WebView option. Thanks again for the quick response, it's much appreciated. 

• 8.  Re: Formatting APM to UIM Alerts

Posted Aug 28, 2017 04:00 PM

Hi! cjaguirre74, Please, Do you have any feedback whit this topic? We have the same situation.