Clarity

• 1.  Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 08, 2017 06:37 PM

Hi,
    I built a auto start process with Start Conditions successfully in Test, but it is not working in production. The start conditions are exactly the same:

(task.prexternalid == "init_actual" &&  task.prfinish != task.prfinish__oldValue) || (task.prexternalid == "init_actual" && task.baseline_finish != task.baseline_finish__oldValue)

Basically, I want the process to trigger whenever the finish date for a task with the ID "init_actual" is updated, or when the baseline finish for that task is updated.

The version of PPM is the same in test and prod as well, and prod was copied down to test just a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would work in Test but not Prod?

• 2.  Re: Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 09, 2017 02:07 AM

When you say it is not working, does the process get triggered always or does it not get triggered even when the conditions are met?

• 3.  Re: Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 09, 2017 10:19 AM

It does not get triggered when the conditions are met.

• 4.  Re: Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 09, 2017 10:42 AM

Some fundamental setup things could cause that sort of thing ; for example is there a BG service with a process engine running in your production environment?

Are you able to look at the process messages in the administration menu (the "process Engines" under "Data Administration" - the "Events" tab there will show whether the event is being "triggered" (sent event) and whether a process engine is then picking it up (received event).

• 5.  Re: Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 15, 2017 03:44 PM

Thanks. I checked the event logs and there is no Sent Event for the process (and so obviously there's no received on either). When the process is manually triggered, I do see the sent and received events. I'm not sure what to do next though.

• 6.  Re: Help on a process trigger

Posted Mar 15, 2017 04:38 PM

Is the object "process enabled" in your PROD environment (I get that TEST was a copy of PROD, but whoever built the process in TEST might have enabled the object in that environment, something that has not happened in PROD).

(You should see update "sent events" on any object that is process enabled I think, irrespective of the process details)