Clarity

• 1.  Issue inserting a new task from Gantt page

Posted Mar 10, 2017 09:58 AM

Hi, I'm facing an issue while attepting to insert a new task from the project gantt page.

I would like to know if anyone has the same issue.

Here's how it happens:

Go to the project gantt page of a project that has more than 20 tasks. Expand all tasks in order to make possible the scrolling of the page. Scroll down the page, select the last task (or any task that are not visible on the first page) and hit the insert key.

The expected result is to have the cursor with focus on the new task, able to be edited.

However, what happens in my environment is that the task line is created but the focus is lost and the page is repositioned/refreshed and scrolled up. So, after the insert, the user can't see the task created and he has to scroll again in order to search it.

This is a big issue for us, since our users usually create new tasks this way, just clicking the insert key, which is a quick and easy method.

I'm having this issue on Clarity v14.4 patch 4 and also experienced the same issue on Clarity v15.1 patch 3.

Does anyone had the same problem ?

Thank in advance.

Below is the expected result, which is not happenning to me, unfortunetaly.

Expected result

• 2.  Re: Issue inserting a new task from Gantt page
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2017 02:34 PM

Hi Vitor,

Able to replicate on 15.2.

on the insert event, it tries to rebuild the frame but now can't fit so the code doesn't work.

Can't see any work around apart from using more summary tasks. ( to toggle how much space on the gantt )

Same behaviour inserting in other locations in the gantt list when maxed out (i.e. middle)

I'd raise this as a bug with support

Andrew

• 3.  Re: Issue inserting a new task from Gantt page

Posted Mar 16, 2017 04:43 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the information about 15.2.

Yes, summarising tasks is a workaround, although it sounds annoying, specially for new users.

Hope the support team fixes it soon.

Vitor