Service Virtualization

• 1.  Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception

Posted Mar 11, 2017 09:43 AM

Whenever portal application is launched, it keeps throwing the above mentioned error.

Any particular reason why this is happening?

• 2.  Re: Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2017 11:30 AM

I remember seeing this problem when I had resHub.Projects.dir property in the res-hub-config.properties file pointing at a non-existent directory. Is that what you're experiencing?

• 3.  Re: Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception

Posted Mar 13, 2017 04:42 PM

Hey Brienen, Thanks for your reply

Already checked this, it is pointing to correct directory (it's hard-coded). Anyway, can you let me know what it should be, maybe I'm missing something.

I believe this problem started when I changed the lisa.portal.invoke.test.root={{LISA_HOME}} in lisa.properties file. Lisa Invoke was unable to find my project. So, I hardcoded the project path into this property. I tried changing this property back to {{LISA_HOME}}, but no luck

• 4.  Re: Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception

Posted Mar 14, 2017 04:51 AM

Done! Was using \ instead of / ! :(

• 5.  Re: Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 11:54 AM

Can you please share the complete error details?

• 6.  Re: Portal keeps on throwing error: Unable to load projects : 500: Null Pointer Exception

Posted Mar 13, 2017 04:44 PM

Hey, Thanks for your reply.

It doesn't tell you much! I get only the error mentioned in the subject.