CA Service Management

• 1.  ServiceNow Connector for CA-SAM

Posted Mar 10, 2017 01:29 PM

Has anyone implemented the ServiceNow Connector with CA-SAM?

• 2.  Re: ServiceNow Connector for CA-SAM

Posted Mar 13, 2017 05:46 AM

I'm aware on a connector for SOI put first time I hear there is one for SAM.

If exist I suppose that a the implementation must documented

Someone from CA have input here?

/J

• 3.  Re: ServiceNow Connector for CA-SAM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 06:13 AM

Hi Jim,

This tech doc#: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC586026.html mentions the Standard SAM connectors. I do NOT see one for ServiceNow specified there. So my assumption is there is none at the moment that we are aware of. However, please log a support case so we can get you a well researched official answer.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: ServiceNow Connector for CA-SAM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 02:06 PM

Admin -> Maintenance -> Standard Connec

The ServiceNow connector was introduced in 4.0.2 p6 and after.  More connectors are introduced from the OEM perioically and the list can be found within the CASAM GUI  Admin->Configuration>Connectors.

?Help 

The Overview tab shows you a list of all supported connector manufacturers with their supported product. What you will also find for each supported connector is

• A linked list of XML files for that connector.
    • A list of all tables in the application that are filled by that connector.

• 5.  Re: ServiceNow Connector for CA-SAM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:47 PM

Hi Jim, 

I realize you're reaching out to a wider group with this post, but you might also contact your CA account manager, as our CA services team may be able to assist you with implementing this connector. 

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies