I want to share some information with the masses to 1) see if anyone else experiences the same issues and 2) if our 7 step resolution approach works for other.
We have struggled for countless hours trying to get QOS data, typically from net_connect and VMware probes, to correlate. For example in the UMP search, you may see two instances of the same device. In other instances, you may see net_connect QOS but no VMware probe QOS and vice versus.
We have opened numerous cases and eventually come to a resolution. After working through all these cases, I have compiled a list of actions that seem to work for us:
***Note: It's unfortunate, but making host file entries has made a HUGE difference. I hear that correlation is much better in 8.51 as there is more control within discovery_server to configure what is used for correlation.
- Run the following query on your UIm DB: SELECT origin,name,ip,dns_name,nimbus_type,cs_id,cs_key,dedicated,mac,os_name FROM cm_computer_system WHERE name LIKE ('%device_name%') ORDER BY name
- Copy the 'cs_key' value
- Using the discovery_server probe call back utility, select 'remove_master_device_by_cs_keys' from the drop down to remove the device from cm_computer_system using 'cs_key' ***Note this will reset the cs_id, in case you use this cs_id key in other applications/reporting etc. After a few minutes, you should notice that the device is no longer present in UMP.
- Using the Controller/robot call back utility on the secondary hub where the device is being monitored from, select '_nis_cache_clean' from the drop down list (need to be in 'Expert Mode') and click the 'Play' button.
- Using the same call back utility, select '_reset_device_id_and_restart' from the drop down list (need to be in 'Expert Mode') and click the 'Play' button
- IM console will reload and you may be required to log back in.
- Re-run the 'Inventory' job associated with the device and update the containers/folders in UMP as needed
Following these 7 steps, we have successfully correlated QOS data in UMP. I hope others, who have run into these same issues, have the same results.
UIM 8.4 SP2
Discovery_server probe 8.42-DevCor-SNAPSHOT