Service Virtualization

• 1.  Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 13, 2017 09:21 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to run DevTest 10.0 with Docker on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1  (x86_64) and MySQL 5.7. 

My first step was to use Derby and it was ok.

Now, I'm trying to run it with MySQL and I have the following error with Workstation (on windows computer) : "Connection to the registry database cannot be established. Please make sure the database is running and the credential used to connect to database is valid. If you continue, data will not be saved to the database. Do you want to continue ? Yes/No".

More information : 

Clicking "No", workstation shuts down. "Yes", it seems to be running.

My SQL schema used for Registry is reachable outside Docker.

I've tried to increase log level (logging.properties), but there is no specific stacktrace in workstation.log.

I've tried to add mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar in each lib directory workstation + hotdeploy, with no success.

Did I miss something ? 

A similar problem is described here : User does not have permission to use DevTest Workstation with this registry but without any solution.

Regards,

Benoit

Attachment(s)

zip
    workstation.zip   44 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 09:50 AM

All DevTest components need to have accessibility to the external database the Registry is connecting to.  The only database driver, unfortunately, we do not deliver with DevTest is MySQL.  You will need to have the MySQL Connector/J driver applied to the DEVTEST_HOME\lib\shared folder of where your Workstation is running.

Please refer to this Communities link:

Tech Tips: JDBC Drivers Delivered with DevTest 

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:01 AM

Hello Marcy,

That's what I did, but the error message persists. With no explicit error, so I don't know where to search and what to do.

Benoit

• 4.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:34 AM

Apologies, yes I see where you did.   Can you access the Portal with the same credentials that you are using with the Workstation?  Can your Workstation telnet to the hostname and port that the MySQL database is running on? 

• 5.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:38 AM

Yes, I can access the Portal with the same credentials. And MySQL is reachable from the Workstation host.

Benoit

• 6.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:58 AM

Can you attach your workstation.log to this Discussion?

• 7.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 13, 2017 11:18 AM

File attached.

• 8.  Re: Workstation Database Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Benoit,

I've tried to add mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar in each lib directory workstation + hotdeploy, with no success.

Do not put the mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar in all lib folders and hotDeploy.  

This connector goes in the DEVTEST_HOME\lib\shared folder only on the Workstation.  

Please do the following:

1. Bring down your Workstation.

2. Please remove the mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar from all other lib folders as well as the hotDeploy folder, with the exception of the DEVTEST_HOME\lib\shared folder.

3. Change logging.properties back to INFO and not DEBUG for now.

4. Clean out your lisatmp_10.0.0 folder.

5. Please open your Workstation again.

If this does not work, then it is time to open a support case so we can get on a webex and see what is going on.  When opening the support case, please attach the new workstation.log file. 

Thanks,

Marcy

• 9.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:20 AM

Hello Marcy,

After doing all that you said, I does not work, case 00697972 opened.

Thanks for your help.

Benoit

• 10.  Re: Workstation Database Error

Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:28 AM

Hello,

For information : file "site.properties" was missing Registry component.

Benoit