Layer7 API Management

• 1.  how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Mar 13, 2017 02:12 PM

Hi,

I noted that swagger based API can be published (see https://youtu.be/e5OmkaWlEhM at timing 14:29) in CA API GW9 .1.
    Could you clarify how to ? In which menu can I find it ?
    Note that I have CA API GW Policy Manager 9.2.
    Thanks for your support,
    Regards ,
    Corinne

• 2.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 09:48 AM

Hi corinne.sayag,

You can find this option in the TASKS menu of policy manager as seen below. It is not currently available via the right click context menu.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Mar 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Thanks. I have done successfully what you suggested above, and then pushed the API to the Portal and enabled/published it from the API Portal. Developer is able to choose and use this API.

However the API was not documented (neither in Documentation Tab , nor in API Explorer Tab).

In order to have documentation available, I used SoapUI to convert yaml file (swagger) into wadl file, and used this wadl file to document the API from the API Portal.

But the conversion (with SoapUI) from yaml to wadl is not obvious and needs manual adjustment, that I'm not comfortable with. So, I got an invalid wadl file.

- Any suggestion on which adjustment are needed in SoapUI for this conversion ?

- Is there a future version of the API Portal that will allow to use directly yaml file, and avoid using SoapUI ? In which version of API Portal ? Is it already available today ?

Note that I'm using API Portal Version: 3.5  Build: 583

Thanks for your support,

Corinne

• 4.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 06:06 PM

Hello corinne.sayag ,

The portal 4.0, or portal EE should support swagger, but please note that portal 4.0 changes a lot, compare to old portal 3.x, so that there is no upgrade path from portal 3.x to portal 4.0, so far.

Here is the entry of the document about portal EE,

Home - CA API Developer Portal Enhanced Experience 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Mar 28, 2017 04:10 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your last answer.

Is Portal 4.0 available today ?

Regards,

Corinne

• 6.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:04 AM

• 7.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:12 AM

OK Thanks. I will ask my CA contact who installed the Portal 3.5 to get the Portal 4.0

Thanks ,

Corinne

• 8.  Re: how to publish Swagger based API (YAML)

Posted Jul 09, 2018 08:42 AM

On API Portal 4.2, I can see that Swagger with JSON format is supported, not YAML.