DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 02:55 AM

Hi All,

We have 6 hubs connected with Primary UIM server ,now we are removed a hub from the PR server.I have stopped all the queues and tunnels .But the old qos and other entries are in SQL DB ,how to remove the entries which is happened from hub ?

• 2.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 03:46 AM

Hello Issac, please review the following technical document. This should help to resolve your question.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1041649.html

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Britta,

Thanks ,But I need to delete all the robots from a single query ,It is possible by selecting by origin ?

• 4.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 12:58 PM

Why is this immediately marked Answered by CA?

In the referenced article, that variable: expire_time = 30d  In my environment 8.4SP2, I have alive_time entries from 2016 still that are not removed automatically. So would not rely on this at all. 

Issac08 what I do is this:

1. open SQL Studio and run this query. Modify the HUB_NAME with the hub/origin your looking to completely remove:

select origin,name,ip,mac,nimbus_type,cs_id,cs_key,cs_type,os_type
       from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM
       where origin like ('%HUB_NAME%') order by origin,name

2. Then I select the entire CS_KEY column and copy that out into Notepad++. I get rid of all the return characters and replace them with commas "," (Ctrl+H, Find What:  \n Replace with: , Check off Extended Search) and then I copy this entire line. 

3. Open the discovery_server probe utility and then choose the "remove_master_kevices_by_cskeys" and paste the huge line into the csKey's text box at the bottom. Hit Play. 

4. For QoS Removal: Open UMP, go into the SLM portlet and modify the Portlet Preferences to (wrench icon, gear box) and then modify the Order By QoS  group so it arranges everything by Origin, Robot, Probe, Target. Save go back and then I can delete specifically and easily specific Robots 1x1. Do it 1x1 b/c if its a large site then the delete will potentially cause a data_engine queue backup.

5. Then open the Primary Hub's hub configuration, Hubs tab and r-click on the old hub entry and Remove.

6. Hit F5 to refresh IM and its all gone.

• 5.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 14, 2017 01:07 PM

Thanks Daniel . I will check .

• 6.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 20, 2017 12:57 PM

Delete from CM_Computer_System where origin like 'origin name'

The above query deletes all the entry right ?

• 7.  Re: Removing HUB from UIM

Posted Mar 20, 2017 01:07 PM

I don't run any Delete queries... 

I used the products own built in delete procedures to avoid any possible db mess up.