CA Service Management

• 1.  Preventing user Not part of a approval group not approve a Change order

Posted Mar 14, 2017 09:42 AM

Hi Community

Would is be possible to stop analyst in ca service desk to not approve Change orders where they do not belong to the group the workflow is assigned to. We use custom classic workflows where the change order workflow is assigned on sequence to a group.

What we want in short is: Please allow the members of the approval group to approve the actions that’s assign to them on change order classic workflow.

If anything is unclear. Ask please need help with this best possible solution would be

Regards Edgar

• 2.  Re: Preventing user Not part of a approval group not approve a Change order

Posted Mar 14, 2017 11:30 AM

Hi Edgar,  I think you would need to do this using a data partition constraint such that the logged in user would not be able to update a wf task unless they were in the group which that wf task is assigned.   I am not 100% sure that this would work depending on your needs and how you have things set up, BUT, I cant think of any other way outside of that to do something like this.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Preventing user Not part of a approval group not approve a Change order

Posted Mar 15, 2017 09:48 AM

Hi Edgar,

Try a Pre-Update or View data-partition on Change Orders such that Analysts can only view or update Change Orders that belong to their group. If you put this at Change Order level, then this automatically covers the workflow tasks on those Change Order records.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Preventing user Not part of a approval group not approve a Change order

Posted Mar 15, 2017 09:53 AM

Thanks forprompt response, you guys are stars will provide this excellent feedback to my Boss thanks.

• 5.  Re: Preventing user Not part of a approval group not approve a Change order

Posted Aug 30, 2017 10:51 AM

Hi Brian

Like always you come up with good ideas. Only problem is I already have a partition on the change order table and view will not help. That is why I'm going workflow table base. But we use classic workflow and certain sequences has groups without members. We think of doing it a different way. If you by change know a query where you can say login person belong to a approver group can approve. and  exclude the groups without assignee's.

Do apologize for asking but not sure if possible.