AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 14, 2017 02:55 PM

I was wondering how you all deal with time change to keep your Dseries events running on their desired schedule. We have had a few events with schedule statements of "Every 2 hours" that were running on odd hours but now are running on even hours. This was my first time change that I have really dealt with an am still learning the product.but I believe it is best practice to put a starting time in your schedule statements?? For example, "Every 2 hours starting 1PM" to keep them running on odd hours during time change events. What is the best practice? A lot of our events use a starting time but obviously some do not. Is there something that can be done pre time change to ensure no events get thrown off? For now I am grepping for schedule statements that use the keyword every and from there looking for ones that don't have a starting time. Right now we are on 11.3.3 if that helps any.

• 2.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 03:57 PM

You can specify the time explicitly in the schedule statements for the Events to run as scheduled after the DST change. Instead of 'Every 2 hours', use 1:00 am, 3:00 am, 5:00 am, 7:00 am. etc. This way you don't need to modify the Events each time DST change happens.

Another thing you can do pending when you make the change is run scheduleallevents cli command to reschedule all the Events with schedule criteria defined.

• 3.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 15, 2017 06:49 PM

Thanks for the response. The option of specifying each time such as 1am, 3am, etc seems like it would really clutter up the event schedule tab with a bunch of different schedule statements. We would like to stick with the every 2 hours and will be educating our users to use a starting point in their schedule statement. Is there a better way of identifying which events were "thrown off" by the time change?

• 4.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 15, 2017 08:04 PM

Do you know if you applied Incremental 3 to your 11.3.3 system?

• 5.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 20, 2017 08:23 PM

Not sure. The below info is from issuing the about CLI command. Does the 0 refer to the incremental??

CA Workload Automation Server Version: 11.3.3.0

• 6.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 07:56 AM

Hi,

Please run the "about" command in CLI and check the build number.

In a 11.3.x environment, the latest DSERIES server version/build available is 11.3.3.0 build 1432.

Additionally, to get the Desktop Client version/build number, go to "help" menu -> click on "about CA workload automation desktop client" option.

In a 11.3.x environment, the latest Desktop Client version/build available is 11.3.3.0 build 1414.

• 7.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:49 PM

Hi Laurenti, below is the info.

Server Version:

CA Workload Automation Server Version: 11.3.3.0
    Build: 1376

Desktop Client Version:

Version: 11.3.3.0
    Build: 1376

• 8.  Re: DE Affected Events During Time Change

Posted Mar 24, 2017 09:24 PM

Update: Our server was upgraded today to 11.3.3.0 build 1432