CA Service Management

• 1.  Add Impact Field to Employee Incident/Request Forms

Posted Mar 15, 2017 03:56 PM

Is it possible to add the "Impact" field to the Incident/Request forms when a user is logged in using the "Employee" role and creating tickets? If so, are there instructions that I can follow as I have not modified any forms yet.

thank you

Katherine 

• 2.  Re: Add Impact Field to Employee Incident/Request Forms
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 15, 2017 07:50 PM

Hi Katherine,  You can certainly add it, however typically in an ITIL world, only the analyst would set that, and not the end users.  Impact is something used by analysts to take into account things like how many users or organizations are affected etc.  This is used as part of the "priority calculation" - which is based on the impact and urgency fields.  The urgency would be filled in by the end user, and the impact by the analyst, which together would then calculate the priority value.  You can certainly add the field to the employee detail_in.htmpl and detail_cr.htmpl forms using Web Screen Painter.  You would also have to set function access to "view" for them on the impact object so they can see it as well.

Hope this helps

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Add Impact Field to Employee Incident/Request Forms

Posted Mar 16, 2017 04:59 AM

As Jon Israel Employee mentioned, possible but not recommended as this is to the service desk to determine the degree of impact to the organization.

/J

• 4.  Re: Add Impact Field to Employee Incident/Request Forms

Posted Mar 16, 2017 09:45 AM

Thanks for the information and I understand exactly what you are saying. My support supervisor is asking for this field to be added to help with the following issue:

Large number of calls sitting in the main queue and not being looked at or considered high priority due to a few reasons

• in the ticket list view and hovering over the ticket, you only see the priority column showing none (analyst doesn't really know the urgency of the ticket without having to actually go into it)
    • high volume of call tickets being logged and not enough analysts available to look at each ticket and determine/set the impact so a priority is calculated and then shown on the ticket list view
    • many of our analysts are new and still learning to determine a tickets impact and priority

Do you think there is a better way to help us achieve our goal without adding this field to the employee form? Maybe add the impact field/column to the ticket list view?

thank you

Katherine

• 5.  Re: Add Impact Field to Employee Incident/Request Forms

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:58 PM

Hi Katherine,

Whichever field you choose - and Urgency sounds like the best fit - you could consider the following:

• add a Scoreboard Query for each rating to the Analyst role's scoreboard so that they can readily see the numbers in each category;
    • configure auto-update for scoreboards;
    • and certainly add your chosen field to the ticket list form, list_in.htmpl.

This is also the sort of situation where the xFlow analyst interface might help, with its concept of a 'heat' rating.

Regards,

James