CA Service Management

• 1.  Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 16, 2017 05:26 PM

Hi,

We have enabled the priority matrix, and now i have to develop a new spel to change the urgency when we their is a change on affected service.(OOTB CA provided the behavior on impact)

Since I change the urgency by spel, my prority not changing as per the matrix.

could any one have thought to refresh the priortiy calculation thru spel.

In short, from wen interface when i change urgency prority changes but need the same behaviour thru spel.

regards

sharath

• 2.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 17, 2017 08:50 AM

Hi Sharath,

The priority calculation is triggered specifically by saving a ticket.  I dont believe that there is a way to trigger it using spelcode outside of that.  Unfortunately this is something that is outside the scope of support, so from a support standpoint I wont be able to assist you with it, however there may be some really savvy folks out here on the community that would be able to give you some insight or share their own info with you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 17, 2017 12:12 PM

HI, small correction to Jon Israel statement here.

Priority calculation is also enforced by spl on the cr object:

POST_VALIDATE cr::calc_incident_priority(impact, urgency) 25 FILTER((type == "I"));

so in fact you must be able to reuse the function calc_incident_priority() in your own code to redo the calculation

Never did but give it a try don't see any reason for this to not work  (make sure your trigger have a high sequence number)

Hope this help.

/J

• 4.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 17, 2017 12:17 PM

btw a simple command like

bop_sinfo -tm cr

will provide you with such info on all triggers and method that apply to the specific object (cr is this case).

/J

• 5.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 21, 2017 06:01 AM

Hello Mayer,

Do you have any code how to reuse the function calc_incident_priority() in spel code so that priority will get refresh before save?

• 6.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 22, 2017 06:18 AM

Hum.

No not in spl as spl is trigger by the save in that case and don't get why it will be needed as you already have this OOB using onChange event.

/J

• 7.  Re: Refresh Priority calculation-Spel

Posted Mar 29, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi,

Today by default the impact of incident can be dependent on Service Impact of an affected service , and we need to have a similar function for urgency. So the urgency of incident should automatically gets changes based on the z_service_urgency of nr object of enterprise family.

Thru spel was able to change the urgency however it wont reflect until Save and do a refresh after the save. 

So spent little time on calculateimpact method in apc.js to check the default CA provided function for impact and i feel the code is written in freeaccess.spl as CALCULATE_IMPACT is used to define the url

var url = cfgCgi + "?SID=" + cfgSID + "+FID=" + fid_generator() +
    "+OP=CALCULATE_IMPACT"+
    "+OPEN_DATE="+open_date_val+
    "+END_DATE="+end_date_val+
    "+AFF_SERVICE="+aff_service.value+
    "+FACTORY="+ ticket_factory+
    "+PRI_CAL_PERSID="+ pri_cal_persid+
    "+PERSID=" + nx_escape(argPersistentID) +
    "+CALLBACK=got_auto_impact_info";

Appreciate if anyone helps to figure out how the default function is designed

regards

sharath