CA Service Management

• 1.  Ad-Hoc Advanced properties - Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:12 PM

Hi all,

Someone knows any method to predefine some advanced format properties on charts? We need to always display data labels on pie and bar charts and at this time we have to set the property on every chart we make. Some users will use jaspersoft as self-service for dashboards and many of them have no the knowledge, time or patience to manually stablish all the properties they need.

This is an example (image from jaspersoft site):

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: Ad-Hoc Advanced properties - Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 17, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Allan,

Currently for CA Service Management, we dont support the use of ad-hoc components because they require the use of a "domain" within Jasper, which currently we do not deliver with the content for CA Service Management.  The only supported way to create reports or dashboards is by using Jasper Studio, and then publishing those to the Jasper Server.    Now there may be some folks out here on the community who have built their own domain within jasper for the MDB, and thus they may be able to share that with you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Ad-Hoc Advanced properties - Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 17, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi Jon,

We are using a custom domain based on SQL data source, so if CA provide or not his own domain is not a trouble for us, that's covered. Jaspersoft is a good tool to selfservice, users that has a low knowledge to create metrics are excited about they can make your own charts and dashboards "on the fly", but this kind of "limitations" are causing some troubles, this would has to be as easy as set some check box.

We'll keep looking for a solution or a workarround and will let to the community if we find someting.

Thanks!!!

• 4.  Re: Ad-Hoc Advanced properties - Jaspersoft

Posted Mar 17, 2017 04:12 PM

Thanks for understanding Allan.

You may also want to try posting something on the Jaspersoft (Tibco) Community as well - its very active, and since this is not a CA product-specific inquiry, I think you may get some responses there as well.  You can find their community site here: Jaspersoft Community

If you find something there, please come back and share it here with us as well

Have a great weekend!

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Ad-Hoc Advanced properties - Jaspersoft

Posted May 10, 2017 06:26 AM

Hi Asalas,

please check out the API of highcharts, the charting library used in adhoc reporting:

http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/ 

Please note that not all options are supported by Jaspersoft, I have not found any documentation, so you will have to try out yourself.

Data labels work on bar charts, but not on pie charts.