CA Service Management

• 1.  Archive and Purge usage question

Posted Mar 18, 2017 05:13 AM

Hello community,

I'm looking a way to archieve and purge CA SDM tables that are outside of arcpur daemon's scope.

Based on SQL report, largest tables are:

- Activity log: alg, chgalg, issalg;

- Attached events: atev.

Speaking about the magnitude of the problem, these tables are taking 80% of whole mdb size.

Best regards,

cdtj

• 2.  Re: Archive and Purge usage question

Posted Mar 20, 2017 03:34 AM

Hi Timur,

Although there are NO direct Archive and Purge rules for these tables (Activity log: alg, chgalg, issalg; - Attached events: atev), as far as I know these tables are indirectly covered as part of Archive and Purge process for the main ticket objects.

See also this Idea you can vote for: Archive and Purge Rule for Attached_Events table 

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Archive and Purge usage question
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2017 01:25 PM

Just customize this file $NX_ROOT\site\mods\cfg\itil_arcpur_cfg to include this new objects with respective where clauses.

Example:

<!-- BEGIN CUSTOM ALG -->
       <main_obj>
          <name>Activities</name>
          <internal_name>alg</internal_name>
          <factory>alg</factory>
          <default_query>type = 'RE'</default_query>
          <date_field>last_mod_dt</date_field>
       </main_obj>
    <!-- FINISH CUSTOM ALG -->

Restart services and test.

Enjoy.

• 4.  Re: Archive and Purge usage question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 03:28 PM

Daniel, this may work for archiving/purging the alg objects. However, this would leave many other objects(like tickets)

reference to nowhere. Imagine thousands of tickets with even more activity logs, the stdlog along could clog the app

performance. I would rather go with regular ticket archive/purge(see Brian's comment above), which includes archive/purge these alg records. My 2cents for consideration. Regards and thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Archive and Purge usage question

Posted Mar 21, 2017 11:45 PM

Thank you for your reply daniel-bighelini ! I thought I will need to write own frg macro do to this

Thanks for the warningChi_Chen but I have checked our env and Activity Logs have no other references, only parent ticket reference.

Best regards,

Timur